The Carlos Tevez Thread

i hate him,but he still playing for CITY, -unfortunatelly-he is a great player and we feckin need him if we wanna be champions....

Re: Tevez - Huge Roar

I wasn't there but I am loving the sense that he's back and most people are cheering him on. It's the anti-conformist thing to do, i.e. it's Pure City for me.

The more "welcome back" banners the better.

I hate this idea the fact that some think that we have to present ourselves well to others, like those you were "eembarrassed" by the club more or less publicly begging Kaka or Ronaldinho or E'eto to join. I love us having no shame.

I only care about public opinion when it comes to not bending to Tevez at the time of the refusal to play, or banning Barton for all his crap or Thatcher or dealing coldly with Kolo's drug issue, or retiring Foe's shirt or doing a thousand important small things decent.

Other than selling Ireland when I thought we owed him loyalty I think we've always done the right thing. Screw everyone else. The more people clain we are a joke for playing Tevez the more I love him.

F em all. CTID!

Jumanji said:
danburge82 said:
He deserves no credit for anything he does. I'll go bananas if he scores but i'll NEVER cheer that fuckers name, ever, ever!
He deserves no credit, but it's good enough for you to cheer? Did I get that right?
Yes. I'm strongly against him playing for us, but what can undo to stop it? Im just one fan. If he plays I'll just have to put up with it.

I will cheer City's goal but he deserves no adulation directed at him whatsoever if he scores it. I'll be going bananas for me and for City; not for that ****! If he ran in front of us to celebrate I'd be shouting at him to fuck off back to the half way line and get on with the game!

-- Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 am --

hateutd said:
i hate him,but he still playing for CITY, -unfortunatelly-he is a great player and we feckin need him if we wanna be champions....
We needed him for the thirty five games he was absent for before last night!

I am loving the sense that he's been welcomed back by the team, Mancini and and most of the fans (it seems). It's the anti-conformist thing to do, i.e. it's Pure City for me.

The more "welcome back" banners the better.

I hate the the fact that some think that we have to present ourselves well to others, like those who were "embarrassed" by the club more or less publicly begging Kaka or Ronaldinho or E'eto to join. I love us having no shame.

I only care about public opinion when it comes to not bending to Tevez at the time of the refusal to play, or banning Barton for all his crap or Thatcher or dealing coldly with Kolo's drug issue, or retiring Foe's shirt or doing a thousand important small things in a decent and professional manner.

Other than selling Ireland when I thought we owed him loyalty I think we've always done the right thing. Screw everyone else. The more people claim we are a joke for playing Tevez the more I love him.

F em all. CTID!

Re: Tevez - Huge Roar

Impeccable said:
cibaman said:
I reckon that, of the approx 44,000 City fans in the ground, about 9,000 cheered him, about 5,000 booed him and about 30,000 did neither.

I also think that, if forced to either boo or cheer, the vast majority of the 30,000 would have booed him. They didnt because they knew it wasnt in the interest of the team to do so.

That is fascinating. From where I sit I can honestly say I can only hear people within close proximity of me. Do you realise that is some kind of super power you have there? Obviously I can hear the general roar in the crowd - but there is no way I would be able to decipher it like you can.

Can you actually see people in detail too, sat from the furthest point from you?

Truly incredible.

Not only that... to actually know (or forecast) what the 30,000 'quiet' ones would do if forced to. I'm absolutely bamboozed by that. Incredible.

Would it be possible for you to actually break down, into seat locations, the ones who booed, then the ones who didn't? This would then give us locations of the 30,000 that kept quiet.

mrbelfry said:
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but last year he'd have had a shot rather than play a tricky pass into another player. Regardless of what I think of him the players seem to have welcomed him back. Can't remember too many occasions where he's celebrated with the team like that.

PLUS it's proper winding reds up that he's back playing for us

My thoughts as well. When he came on he seemed to be following orders from the manager on where to play and what role to take.

This whole situation (in my view) has been handled fantastically by club, manager and team. Tevez (from the few minutes we saw) looked like a better team player with a bit of humility.

It was good to see.

The people who got up and walked out when he came on need to have a fucking good look at themselves. At 1-0 down with 25 or so minutes left the team needed every voice to lift them in the most important game of the season- be pissed off with one player if you want, but dont walk out on your team- then your as much a **** as he was.

based on last night and the warmth the manager and fans felt for him i think we should think about keeping him, lets give him the contract he wants and put all this behind us.

mb1977 said:
The people who got up and walked out when he came on need to have a fucking good look at themselves. At 1-0 down with 25 or so minutes left the team needed every voice to lift them in the most important game of the season- be pissed off with one player if you want, but dont walk out on your team- then your as much a **** as he was.

This

de niro said:
based on last night and the warmth the manager and fans felt for him i think we should think about keeping him, lets give him the contract he wants and put all this behind us.

I wouldn't give him the contract he wants, but stranger things have happened.

He has few options open to him and the club will need to think about protecting their investment very soon.

He's £10m light and he's not going to make that up very quickly outside of staying put.

The players dragged him into the Nasri celebrations, I think the supposed PR spin can be debunked.

They are delighted to have him around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.