The club only cares about the 'new fans'

A moaning thread, this time combined with "I'm ITK but can't tell you anything yet, but I'm ITK- honest!" undertones.

Awesome.

Since becoming disabled I for one cannot thank the Club enough,for how I have been treated.
Nothing is too much bother and the Stewards and people behind the scenes at Eastlands are superb,in helping me cope with my needs.
I can`t talk for other disabled fans,but I for one am delighted in how they`ve helped me.
Thanks to Messrs Mubarak,Cook and good Old Sheikhy.

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think the club is conscious of it, but the club lost a part of it's soul and a part of it's match going fanbase when we moved to coms. These were working class blues who enjoyed the whole experience, the pubs, the surroundings, the 'down and dirtiness' of it. I know gates went up but they plummeted soon after and I think it's partly because people disliked the sterility of coming to coms. The club are now ramping up the 'cheesiness' of the 'match day experience' and that further alienates fans like these.

To be honest I don't know if there's much the club can do about this though. Recognise that the atmosphere problem is due to the split singing sections would be a start. And the best way of all, if this was done, would be to offer very cheap season tickets to all the newly created kippax

My Dad was a Maine Road regular from 1965. He actually went to Maine Road one week and Old Trafford the next back then, but became a Blue because of Maine Road, the aura about it, the atmosophere and especially The Kippax.

My Mam grew up in Moss Side and has a family full of Blues she was a Maine Road regular from 1970.

Both stopped going after a few years of moving to the CoMS because they said it was like going to support a different club altogether and they lost that feeling towards City that they always had.

danburge82 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think the club is conscious of it, but the club lost a part of it's soul and a part of it's match going fanbase when we moved to coms. These were working class blues who enjoyed the whole experience, the pubs, the surroundings, the 'down and dirtiness' of it. I know gates went up but they plummeted soon after and I think it's partly because people disliked the sterility of coming to coms. The club are now ramping up the 'cheesiness' of the 'match day experience' and that further alienates fans like these.

To be honest I don't know if there's much the club can do about this though. Recognise that the atmosphere problem is due to the split singing sections would be a start. And the best way of all, if this was done, would be to offer very cheap season tickets to all the newly created kippax

My Dad was a Maine Road regular from 1965. He actually went to Maine Road one week and Old Trafford the next back then, but became a Blue because of Maine Road, the aura about it, the atmosophere and especially The Kippax.

My Mam grew up in Moss Side and has a family full of Blues she was a Maine Road regular from 1970.

Both stopped going after a few years of moving to the CoMS because they said it was like going to support a different club altogether and they lost that feeling towards City that they always had.

Isn't this more to do with changing grounds than anything the club have done?

Its interesting to note that all of the lads moaning about this issue are twenties at best, thus never experienced anything other than Wardle and Frank.
Also its madness that none of them can even provide an example

danburge82 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I know three lads the same. Went every week, home and plenty of aways, during the 80s and 90s. blue to the core. Used to come for beers before the game, curries after, we all used to meet up.

All say the same. They don't like the experience for the reasons you give. They want noise, atmosphere, aggression, passion. It's a personal hobby horse of mine: that's what attracts kids to City. Not sitting in the fucking Wacky Warehouse Stand being entertained on a video screen and having seets thrown at them.

I don't know what the club can do about that but it is definitely an issue. It's too late for many lapsed blues but the club has to solve the atmosphere/end problem, to give the club some identity back. I don't think anyone making decisions at City realises that any song born in the South Stand will not carry along the ground, because next to them are the old Main Stand blues. There's more chance of it carrying along the other side because they are the old Kippax Blues. If two songs are starting at once, which happens repeatedly at all the big games, the rest of the ground don't join in. The two singing ends can't really hear each other because of the away fans.

Move the away fans to the other side of the South Stand and the problem is solved. It would have bigger benefits to the club that the small cost of the logistics of away fan coaches. It can be done, whatever they tell you.

It's not ideal, it still doesn't replicate that feeling of walking through Moss Side. But it's a start.

Just to be clear, I don't believe the club are to blame for this, it has just happened. But I do believe something can be done about it.

In the OP's eyes i am probably a "new fan" as i only got my first seasoncard last year, I 'ld expect I had a choice of was was left after the current holders had renewed.
I' ve not seen any example of the club valuing my money any more than anyone elses or recieved special treatment so see no evidence or reasoning to this whinge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.