The club only cares about the 'new fans'

GStar said:
avoidconfusion said:
Come on Freestyler, let the cat out of the bag, why are you so pissed off, really?

I've not seen anything negative about the club frm him until the SF tickets were announced.

At that point rationale seemed to go out of the window?

Yea, I kinda thought so. Just wondering what exactly happened that made him come to his conclusion.

It definitely sounds like the semi final ticket thing to me .... even though there should be no panic as an allocation of 31,500 should mean that all season card holders who want one will be going.

I've had a season ticket for 23 years now and have been in the Kippax, Platt Lane, back in the Kippax, east stand tier 3, tier 2 and now in the Family Stand with my 5 year old son carrying on the legacy.

The semi final ticket allocation has upset some because they seem to think that all the "kids" with new season tickets will get one quicker than them. First of all, their parent has to have the required number of loyalty points so that in my opinion makes it fair.

Look at it another way, I have over 4,000 points and would have to wait a few days until my son' s season card allowed him to buy one and we might not be able to get the tickets we want in the section we want to be in. This way, it rewards my loyalty in two ways as it gives me my chance to buy a ticket when I am entitled to and it also allows me to bring my son along rather than wait.

That seems fair to me as I am paying for his season card anyway and without all the new, young, season card holders our club would have no future. Just as when me and you were young, our Dads brought us to the games.

I know where the OP is coming from, i don't particulary like going to the games any more as some of the stuff that goes on now is not my cup of tea.

WNRH said:
I know where the OP is coming from, i don't particulary like going to the games any more as some of the stuff that goes on now is not my cup of tea.

Would you care to expand?<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:03 pm --<br /><br />
Abbeygoo said:
It definitely sounds like the semi final ticket thing to me .... even though there should be no panic as an allocation of 31,500 should mean that all season card holders who want one will be going.

I've had a season ticket for 23 years now and have been in the Kippax, Platt Lane, back in the Kippax, east stand tier 3, tier 2 and now in the Family Stand with my 5 year old son carrying on the legacy.

The semi final ticket allocation has upset some because they seem to think that all the "kids" with new season tickets will get one quicker than them. First of all, their parent has to have the required number of loyalty points so that in my opinion makes it fair.

Look at it another way, I have over 4,000 points and would have to wait a few days until my son' s season card allowed him to buy one and we might not be able to get the tickets we want in the section we want to be in. This way, it rewards my loyalty in two ways as it gives me my chance to buy a ticket when I am entitled to and it also allows me to bring my son along rather than wait.

That seems fair to me as I am paying for his season card anyway and without all the new, young, season card holders our club would have no future. Just as when me and you were young, our Dads brought us to the games.

Totally agree with this.

I must admit that I normally have a lot of time for Freestyler's posts but think he's way off beam on this occasion.

Watching City these days is far more value for money than it was 5 years ago IMO. We've an infinitely better team (which is admittedly not performing to its full potential of late) and all it's cost us the fans is an ever-so-slight increase in season ticket prices. Then there's all the cheap deals for cup games that we've seen over the past couple of years or so. I've seen people complaining about £15.00 adult tickets for some cup games and it's left me wondering what planet these people are on, particularly when 5 years ago we were charged £18.00 to watch a far worse team play Scunthorpe in the FA Cup 3rd round at COMS.

I honestly believe us fans are less alienated than we have been for a long time. While the club do continue to get things wrong such as the fiasco regarding the North Stand season ticket re-locations and the amount of tickets set aside for corporate customers for away games at Chelsea and The Swamp, the truth is that we now have a club that is not only capable of doing good things on the pitch but which also embraces its supporters far more than it did just a few short years ago.

I don't believe for one minute that the club is actively seeking to "push out" the hardcore supporters but with the imminent onset of FFP they need to attract more corporate revenue and new fans. Whether we like it or not, that's the reality. And there's no reason why all kinds of fans can't co-exist.

What new fans?

We have about the same number of people going to games now as we had when we first moved to coms, the people who stopped going due to Pearce have come back thats all.

M18CTID said:
I must admit that I normally have a lot of time for Freestyler's posts but think he's way off beam on this occasion.

Watching City these days is far more value for money than it was 5 years ago IMO. We've an infinitely better team (which is admittedly not performing to its full potential of late) and all it's cost us the fans is an ever-so-slight increase in season ticket prices. Then there's all the cheap deals for cup games that we've seen over the past couple of years or so. I've seen people complaining about £15.00 adult tickets for some cup games and it's left me wondering what planet these people are one, particularly when 5 years ago we were charged £18.00 to watch a far worse team play Scunthorpe in the FA Cup 3rd round at COMS.

I honestly believe us fans are less alienated than we have been for a long time. While the club do continue to get things wrong such as the fiasco regarding the North Stand season ticket re-locations and the amount of tickets set aside for corporate customers for away games at Chelsea and The Swamp, the truth is that we now have a club that is not only capable of doing good things on the pitch but which also embraces its supporters far more than it did just a few short years ago.

I don't believe for one minute that the club is actively seeking to "push out" the hardcore supporters but with the imminent onset of FFP they need to attract more corporate revenue and new fans. Whether we like it or not, that's the reality. And there's no reason why all kinds of fans can't co-exist.

Agree with this entirely, and would just add that if we filled the ground for those FA cup games we wouldn't need to piss about with the CDS. Truth is we don't. So if the old fans can't be bothered going to subsidised games, then perhaps we need to attract some new ones. Same with the Europa League.

The OP should be ashamed of himself. Our club is now solvent, very soon several thousand people will have jobs working in the new devlopement. Some of us have actually seen our season ticket prices drop and increase, have been totally out of sync with the rest of the epl. The team has got better, as a result we are on tv more. The food has improved and things as they say , will only get better. So, you are going to have a whine, pathetic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.