The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

A young lady and I saw Girls Aloud (whom I rate as quality pop) at the O2 Arena years back and it was less than that for both of us. Far, far less. £70 maybe.

Hey, a bit less of that, thank you! Girls Aloud were brilliant. Me and my daughter loved it and a fabbo night was had. And I paid about £90 iirc inc booking fee for great seats on the side lower tier.
You enjoy your Paul though ;-)
Apologies to you both, Its only as i've just had my sister rabbit on and on (and on and on) about the girls aloud gig for what feels like forever - what they sang what they wore what they said - so in my mind they're "crappy girls aloud", but as I said earlier we all have different tastes, sorry for sounding bitchy!

Price wise, she did pay £150. She was at the front tho. I know the week before the gigs they slashed the prices in a "half price sale" which I'd never seen done before!
Though it seems to be the done thing for places to not advertise ticket prices (since it all went digital they can hide it better ), ticketmaster in particular talk about "fluid pricing, where prices rise and fall due to demand" ffs :(

£150 for an a ticket is unfortunately what most "names" charge. My sister saw crappy girls aloud at Manc arena a few weeks back and it was £150 just for them!

I've got my Paul tickets. So I'm happy. Taking my son to one of them too :)
We saw him in November here, it was $100 each (50 quid) Gotta say he was superb, I think it ranks among the best concerts I've seen, 3 hours on stage (his younger band took a break) and no miming. All songs in the original key.
He gave value for money unlike Rod Stewart, only 1 hour.

Was there last night.
Pretty impressive arena.
Beer ridiculously priced obviously.
Big queues to get in for standing area but it was moving all the time and within about 12 minutes so not too bad.

Killers were amazing

Was there last night.
Pretty impressive arena.
Beer ridiculously priced obviously.
Big queues to get in for standing area but it was moving all the time and within about 12 minutes so not too bad.

Killers were amazing

The killers were brilliant. I was pleasantly surprised by how good Travis were as well. Probably one of the best concerts I’ve attended.

I will say it was a nightmare getting back to Piccadilly from the arena again. Obviously people have different experiences, but there were no trams and by the time I got back I’d missed all the trains..

On the way there as well, no trams from St Peter’s and only single carriage to the arena, so we ended up getting a taxi. Seems like if you can drive there it’s good, but I’ve not had a good experience so far coming from town.

I’ve got Liam Gallagher next week, which I’m excited for. In two minds whether to wear my city top, in the face of all the desperate United fans obsessing over us.

We've got tickets for Liam gallagher on Thursday but unable to go because of work, we've got them listed at face value (plus booking fee) link below to ours which are block 305 seats 108 - 109 front row of tier 3. Others are also listed.

We've got tickets for Liam gallagher on Thursday but unable to go because of work, we've got them listed at face value (plus booking fee) link below to ours which are block 305 seats 108 - 109 front row of tier 3. Others are also listed.

I must admit, not meaning to rub it in, because I’ve been caught out that way myself before now, but the set list looks incredible for that.

I must admit, not meaning to rub it in, because I’ve been caught out that way myself before now, but the set list looks incredible for that.
We're gutted but no way around it even if we managed to get the 730pm train back from euston we would be in the hands of avanti to get us in manc for 930pm so would sooner try and go another time if possible when we wouldn't be stressed as fuck trying to get there.

Last week I saw The Smashing Pumpkins
there, good gig and £50 I felt was a decent ticket price for a band of that stature. Although I wasn't drinking ,the prices weren't cheap, £8.95 for a pint! No coffee either which was disappointing , though my wife tells me I'm just old as young people don't want to have hot drinks at a gig (not sure how Barry's fans coped without their Ovaltine that late into the evening though). The que for the bars were a bit like the ones at Half time at a City match in terms of length between the 2 bands, but they did have a little shop with the self service tills like in the Supermarket which I quite liked (don't think they had booze in these though)
Personally I'm not a massive fan of Arena gigs as i find they can feel bit souless and the atmosphere can get a bit lost. The likes of the Apollo or Academy are better to see a gig imo, but having said that I did feel the acoustics were very good.
Pointless really talking about transport links really, its very close to the tram stop as we all know and the trams were very crowded...but we also know that anyway, but they were free the night I went.
Think they are free for all gigs there which helps.

Heads up for anyone heading to a gig there in the next couple of weeks.

All trams to Ashton are turning back at Piccadilly station until July 9th.

There’s roadworks right outside the station on London Road, so no trams are heading in and out of the station.

If you list them on ticket master ( at face value) they will be sold in minutes- no tickets available on resale for Thursday so you will sell them easily!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.