The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

went last night to see the Killers and followed the advice some have given on here, avoided using official car park for £25 and opted to park at Mary D's for £10 easy to get away from avoided Alan Turing way coming home and used Bank Street to get back to Middleton, walked to the arena past the statues on the East Stand side and began queuing for entrance D behind construction site behind Family Stand, took approx 15 minutes to get to main gate but could notice the queues coming in from Briscoe Lane end was long and judging would probably have taken 30-45 minutes from there, the arena itself was impressive and my view from 311 was amazing, plenty of bars and food outlets and even queues for toilets were ok, the acoustics on the arena are amazing and the sound is incredible although be prepared the food, drink and merchandise is not cheap at all, no Asahi on draught but available in cans the size of a Coke can and was £6.80, the beers on tap were Peroni and Grolsch and were available in pints and pint and half size pots, gig finished at 10:45pm and I was home for 11:20pm but the queues for the trams were long

went last night to see the Killers and followed the advice some have given on here, avoided using official car park for £25 and opted to park at Mary D's for £10 easy to get away from avoided Alan Turing way coming home and used Bank Street to get back to Middleton, walked to the arena past the statues on the East Stand side and began queuing for entrance D behind construction site behind Family Stand, took approx 15 minutes to get to main gate but could notice the queues coming in from Briscoe Lane end was long and judging would probably have taken 30-45 minutes from there, the arena itself was impressive and my view from 311 was amazing, plenty of bars and food outlets and even queues for toilets were ok, the acoustics on the arena are amazing and the sound is incredible although be prepared the food, drink and merchandise is not cheap at all, no Asahi on draught but available in cans the size of a Coke can and was £6.80, the beers on tap were Peroni and Grolsch and were available in pints and pint and half size pots, gig finished at 10:45pm and I was home for 11:20pm but the queues for the trams were long
I'm going on Saturday.
Going to get the tram in to avoid the queues on the road.
Were the queues to get through the turnstile OK?
Want to watch Travis too and looks like they come on at 7:45 so want to get there in time for that but not too early that I have to spend a fortune at the bar in the stadium.

Mary Ds is open and had played all Killers songs, Travis came on at 7:45 and did about 7 songs then Killers came on at 9, queues kept moving but were busy, we left Middleton at 6, parked at Mary D's had a few cans outside and began queuing at 7:15 and was in my seat 5 minutes before Travis came on, standing wasn't busy when Travis came on but began filling quickly a couple of songs into their set

I went last night. Was impressed internally with the self serve option of cans and the spacious concourse.

The queue outside for the entrances was a bit disorganised. We were in block 311 entrance D and they said whilst in the queue , join G queue. It worked out fine but be easier if they advised that in advance to cut the queue time down.

Hi mate what row where you on, I’ve looked at the view from my seat and it seems if you are near the top the view can be slightly obscured by the sound/light equipment

I'm going on Saturday.
Going to get the tram in to avoid the queues on the road.
Were the queues to get through the turnstile OK?
Want to watch Travis too and looks like they come on at 7:45 so want to get there in time for that but not too early that I have to spend a fortune at the bar in the stadium.
We got there about 7.20 the other night and it was fine then.

Went tonight to see The Killers,(over £100 each) after going a couple of weeks ago to see The Pet Shop Boys, (£50 each)Two totally different experiences.
The acoustics seemed to be off tonight, whereas the Pet shop boys were good.
They played a lot of new stuff, missing out some of their best songs.
Tried to get a beer at 10.20, all the bars were shut(even though the Killers were on till 10.45)
Coming out after, the disabled lift for the Metrolink was shut. Managed to get down to the tram stop where there was massive queues going into town. No double trams appeared, only single ones, ( similar as on our way there), leaving people crammed on at what I considered to be a dangerous situation, worse than when City are at home.
Don’t think I will be returning there soon.

Last edited:
Went tonight to see The Killers,(over £100 each) after going a couple of weeks ago to see The Pet Shop Boys, (£50 each)Two totally different experiences.
Tried to get a beer at 10.20, all the bars were shut(even though the Killers were on till 10.45)
Coming out after, the disabled lift for the Metrolink was shut. Managed to get down to the tram stop where there was massive queues going into town. No double trams appeared, only single ones, ( similar as on our way there), leaving people crammed on at what I considered to be a dangerous situation, worse than when City are at home.

Glad you got home safe mate, sounds like a shit do all round.

They started off good but they seemed to lose their way, crowd seemed a bit flat as well. Impressed with the arena though it’s some facility they have produced. £8 odd for a pint of Asahi when it’s £5.80 in the ground and they ran out and had to pour cans instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.