The Conservative Party

For now yes - but public opinion is moving away and once we get passed the BJ era it will just look increasingly stupid.
It is interesting how they see supporting brexit - despite the obvious failure and damage - as a vote winner both in the party and in the country.
I can’t wait to see which of them does the reverse ferret first when the tipping point on public opinion on the subject is reached and they realise there are more votes to be had opposing brexit than supporting it.
There will be some conviction and principle being flushed down the toilet of political expedience.

It is interesting how they see supporting brexit - despite the obvious failure and damage - as a vote winner both in the party and in the country.
I can’t wait to see which of them does the reverse ferret first when the tipping point on public opinion on the subject is reached and they realise there are more votes to be had opposing brexit than supporting it.
There will be some conviction and principle being flushed down the toilet of political expedience.
Yes, it is indeed still sore on both sides (hence why Labour aren't suggesting a return to the EU).

But how is the tipping point going to be measured and what will the narrative look like around such discussions.
I've always fucking detested that moronic 'will of the people' rhetoric and (usually) the same lot who espouse the 'woke/snowflake/trans rights' lines too (and some of these, believe it or not, are educated, well paid jobs....some people are naturally easily manipulated or perhaps just not particularly pleasant/I'm alright jacks).

I can feel the heat emanating from some rosy, red chops already....

It's too late to oppose Brexit. All you can do is point out its absurdities and wait till the stats sink in, and say "that's because of Brexit".

Years of no planning also went into brexit yet all the candidates are falling over themselves to associate themselves with it, no matter how damaging it already is and will continue to be. It still appears to be a vote catcher with their hard-core right wing loony faction.
As you say, similarly years of no planning in the NHS and we all know what the tories have in mind for it.
But that does not get mentioned any near as much.
Ambulances waiting to get patients into hospital because hospitals can't discharge patients because there are no spaces in care homes because they can't get the staff to replace all the staff who used to come from the EU. Now that's because of Brexit.

the sad reality is that there is a sizeable chuck of the voting public - no longer 52% but - and saying to them " you fucked up !! How stupid are you ?? " is not a vote winner. It is going to take some time for the reality to work its way through

Yes, it is indeed still sore on both sides (hence why Labour aren't suggesting a return to the EU).

But how is the tipping point going to be measured and what will the narrative look like around such discussions.
I've always fucking detested that moronic 'will of the people' rhetoric and (usually) the same lot who espouse the 'woke/snowflake/trans rights' lines too (and some of these, believe it or not, are educated, well paid jobs....some people are naturally easily manipulated or perhaps just not particularly pleasant/I'm alright jacks).

I can feel the heat emanating from some rosy, red chops already....
It puts me in mind of how doctors used to tell us (way back I know) that smoking was actually beneficial to us.
As people died of smoking related diseases it became obvious through experience and advancing knowledge, that smoking was in fact extremely dangerous even though most people did it.
Society , albeit over a period of time, changed attitude as facts about smoking were revealed and the fatal consequences became obvious.
I‘m clinging to the idea that evolution of thought and experience will show us that brexit is indisputably dangerous and harmful and eventually enough people will realise this, and they can excuse their original stupidity for voting for it by using the scientific evidence now available.
If they want to carry on blaming we remainers for causing failure by not believing enough, then I for one am prepared to take it on the chin as long as it saves our country from more acts of self harm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.