The Conservative Party

I think the tories will eventually make the calculation that the dwindling numbers of brexit supporters do not need to be catered for (many of them will be dead soon).
Remember the tories are a completely unprincipled, unscrupulous, amoral party whose sole aim is to get into power and stay there whatever the cost to we the public, or to their own leaders.
If they can- and they’re trying to do it now- cleanse themselves of the lying fraud and his legacy, and they perceive brexit is an electoral liability and not the asset it was, then they will say and do anything to distance themselves from it and just like with the leave campaign, they will be persuasive and cunning about it. Never underestimate the gullibility of the voters.
It‘s going to make fascinating watching.
It may be fascinating watching, but it’s a car crash for the majority of the country. You are completely right, and nothing will change.

Note how they’ve thrown out the over 50 COVID jab without a big furore. Another basic where they put the emphasis on the individual rather than bringing people together and fighting the cause.

They do not want to be held to account should it all, once again go, Pete Tong.

It puts me in mind of how doctors used to tell us (way back I know) that smoking was actually beneficial to us.
As people died of smoking related diseases it became obvious through experience and advancing knowledge, that smoking was in fact extremely dangerous even though most people did it.
Society , albeit over a period of time, changed attitude as facts about smoking were revealed and the fatal consequences became obvious.
I‘m clinging to the idea that evolution of thought and experience will show us that brexit is indisputably dangerous and harmful and eventually enough people will realise this, and they can excuse their original stupidity for voting for it by using the scientific evidence now available.
If they want to carry on blaming we remainers for causing failure by not believing enough, then I for one am prepared to take it on the chin as long as it saves our country from more acts of self harm.
Nice analogy, but we're three or four (possibly five) generations down the line from knowing smoking is dangerous yet a sizeable proportion still smokes. There are some Brexiteers who will never acknowledge the act of national self-harm they have committed.

Nothing to worry about

rs_1024x759-170821133147-1024.Donald-Trump-Melania-Trump-Eclipse.ms.082117.jpg

Nothing to worry about

I heard that **** on the radio yesterday and he was on about nanny state and being dictated to and how " British people have lived through a lifetime of heatwaves and got through it " - the interviewer had to steer him back to reality by pointing out that the words "record temperatures" mean that their lived experiences mean they haven't lived through whats coming.

Reminded me of those people who said over Brexit or Covid shortages " its the Blitz Spirit and we all lived through that" and you think - no you didn't Mavis - you just said you are 63 and the war ended in 1945 - do the maths you daft mare !!

I heard that **** on the radio yesterday and he was on about nanny state and being dictated to and how " British people have lived through a lifetime of heatwaves and got through it " - the interviewer had to steer him back to reality by pointing out that the words "record temperatures" mean that their lived experiences mean they haven't lived through whats coming.

Reminded me of those people who said over Brexit or Covid shortages " its the Blitz Spirit and we all lived through that" and you think - no you didn't Mavis - you just said you are 63 and the war ended in 1945 - do the maths you daft mare !!
Yeah, and those daft bastard, dull as hell remember gowoiing up as a kid in the 80's that were doing the rounds on FB.

imagine being so wedded to your past, Mental purgatory.

Tobias Elwood has the whip removed for not voting for the confidence motion, and can't vote in the leadership contest now. He was supporting Mordaunt.

He pointed out that he was having a meeting with the President of Moldova, and his return was disrupted.

They're eating themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.