The Conservative Party

I think what we are seeing is what has been and what will come - ie a lack of clarity and leadership - there is no doubt Johnson is unable to make a decision so he dithers but ultimately dances to a different pipes tune - Truss or Sunak will do the same - they will be easily manipulated or controlled by others around them
Ladies and gentlemen I give you …brexit!
The single biggest shock to a country politically, socially and economically,
entered into without the vestige of a plan.
Now they don’t want to talk about it except to say how wonderful it’s going to be when we start to reap the benefits. Again no plan - just hopes and lies.
Alexander de feffel danced to the ERG tune and now (probably) truss will too.
Different face - same bullshit.

OUT. OF. TOUCH. Surprising for a man who was once unemployed for a year and struggled along with his wealthy wife whilst living rent free on his millionaire father in laws estate in a lodge......

It's economic nonsense that IDS and Truss are spouting, that tax cuts will mean more spending to stave off recession. Not all the extra money from tax cuts will get spent, a lot will be used as personal investments, whereas every penny given to the poor will be spent in the economy.

It's economic nonsense that IDS and Truss are spouting, that tax cuts will mean more spending to stave off recession. Not all the extra money from tax cuts will get spent, a lot will be used as personal investments, whereas every penny given to the poor will be spent in the economy.
Sunak kept back £50 billion as a ‘just in case’ policy. Just wondering where that’s gone, as well as all the other extra tax received from higher, extortionate prices?

They have really bankrupt us, haven’t they.
Financially yes, but we must never be the special kind of moral bankrupts that these are.
There will be those amongst us who can analyse and interpret the sheer economic illiteracy, and incompetence on display, but I have my own view and that is……..
they just don’t give a shit.

Any tax cut will be dwarfed by the increase in energy costs. No one is going to feel better off and go out and spend more to stave off a recession. Not a fucking chance.

Any tax cut will be dwarfed by the increase in energy costs. No one is going to feel better off and go out and spend more to stave off a recession. Not a fucking chance.
I was thinking of the general principle of applying Reagonomics in these circumstances. The rich spend tax cuts on holidays abroad or on luxury goods made abroad, or save the money, while 100% of any money given to the poor is spent in the UK economy; which is better for avoiding recession?

Actually, I'm not sure how we can possibly go into recession, if money that might have gone into savings goes instead to paying energy bills. Don't energy bills count towards GDP?

I was thinking of the general principle of applying Reagonomics in these circumstances. The rich spend tax cuts on holidays abroad or on luxury goods made abroad, or save the money, while 100% of any money given to the poor is spent in the UK economy; which is better for avoiding recession?

Actually, I'm not sure how we can possibly go into recession, if money that might have gone into savings goes instead to paying energy bills. Don't energy bills count towards GDP?
That's a fair point. Anyone who used to save a small amount every month will be spending it on energy along with what they've cut back on to afford their bills. Anyone who can afford it will simply be spending more on energy and saving less. The net effect is a larger spend by the population - a lot more on energy and a bit less on everything else, so even if this does avoid a technical recession (which I suspect it won't) it will certainly feel like one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.