The Conservative Party

The parody accounts are savage.

BBC just had a water boss on with the usual appalling attempts to excuse the failure to stop leaks - "we have a plan to do it by 2050" - that's nearly 30 years to not do anything while raking in vast amounts.

More than 30 years
They were privatised by the Thatcher govt. in the 1980s with the excuse that they needed private investment to replace leaking pipes and Victorian sewerage systems.
That went as well as expected then.

More than 30 years
They were privatised by the Thatcher govt. in the 1980s with the excuse that they needed private investment to replace leaking pipes and Victorian sewerage systems.

Yes, I don't know when they started the plan, but 30 years from now sounds a lot to me. There is no way that a 30-year plan will survive to the end, just like the other long plans put in place to convince the public that something is happening.

Yes, I don't know when they started the plan, but 30 years from now sounds a lot to me. There is no way that a 30-year plan will survive to the end, just like the other long plans put in place to convince the public that something is happening.
It may be a ‘long’ plan but at least it is a plan unlike this government which has absolutely no plans at all.

More than 30 years
Whether you agree with nationalised industries or not the privatisation of our utilities was a clusterfuck from beginning to end and we continue to reap the consequences to this day. Unless you consider ideological victories and undermining your own nation state as wins, in which case it went quite well.

Whether you agree with nationalised industries or not the privatisation of our utilities was a clusterfuck from beginning to end and we continue to reap the consequences to this day. Unless you consider ideological victories and undermining your own nation state as wins, in which case it went quite well.
And of course ideological victories undermining your own nation state was the underpinning of brexit.
The greatest clusterfuck of all time.

The sovereign individual is free from commitments or obligations to nations state... they rise far above clouds surveying the work of the mere mortals below.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.