The Conservative Party

Anybody still intending on voting for these fuckers?
There certainly is where I live.
The street I live on is exclusively pensioners and home owners, retired on copper- bottomed index-linked pensions.
They are culturally, rather than politically tory.
They have spent their lives in comfortable well paid jobs and even the darkest recession has meant no real hardship to them.
They have no concept of what poverty looks and feels like. The worst they’ve had to do is miss a second holiday.
They go to a very pleasant and picturesque C of E church and raise lots of money for charity in far-away places which salves their Christian consciences.
These aren’t bad people- far from it- they are kind and generous and decent.
They simply have no experience of life outside of their own existence.
They will vote in their own interest and who can blame them?
They don’t recognise a country of universal credit and kids going to school hungry and the choice between heating or eating because that’s not the place they live in.
They really don’t have a problem with liars running the country and think brexit can only be a good thing.
They are comfortable, reasonably happy and affluent.
They don’t need change and there are lots of them in this country.

The street I live on is exclusively pensioners and home owners, retired on copper- bottomed index-linked pensions.
They have spent their lives in comfortable well paid jobs and even the darkest recession has meant no real hardship to them.
They have no concept of what poverty looks and feels like. The worst they’ve had to do is miss a second holiday.
They go to a very pleasant and picturesque C of E church and raise lots of money for charity in far-away places which salves their Christian consciences.
They don’t recognise a country of universal credit and kids going to school hungry and the choice between heating or eating because that’s not the place they live in.
They really don’t have a problem with liars running the country and think brexit can only be a good thing.
Yep. Sounds like my Aunt and Uncle! Their only character flaw is in thinking that ALL poor people are poor by choice and that they can escape poverty by working hard.

This is just a bizarre piece of bleating.

Have your party done anything to increase water supply or reduce losses?

The ideal situation described is all very well, but we are not in that place now so it's not very relevant, is it?

The parody accounts are savage.

BBC just had a water boss on with the usual appalling attempts to excuse the failure to stop leaks - "we have a plan to do it by 2050" - that's nearly 30 years to not do anything while raking in vast amounts.

2050 comes and it’s changed to 2080….

They don’t give a fuck other than how much money can we make.

You are very fair.
However I am much less forgiving. These decent generous folk still have critical facilities. They read, watch news, they cannot have been unaware of the major events that have shaped how we got to today. I retired on a copper bottomed index linked pension but haven't lost a sense of fairness for my fellow citizens. Your neighbours still should realise how many children live in poverty today in the UK. They should know about the dishonesty that has marked the last few years in UK politics. Are they so wealthy that the cost of living crisis will just pass them by?
I can find no excuse for anyone that continues to vote for more of the same.

Rotoryians. Not bad people but fucking ghastly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.