The Derby Post Match Thread

Бравый Дератизатор said:
Aguero is no team player. One of his worst performances ever. He doesn't know when to stop and to play with the partner

He has no partner.

Back in the day, we played Toure and Silva around him. They are our best players at combining with others in attack and compensate for his selfishness.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
And a few times on here people have said 'I wish we were shi£ again', well there you go, happy now?? Because I'm not. We were shockingly poor, not good enough in so many areas. I used to dread derby day approaching, looks like it's going that way again unless we fix what is clearly a broken team. Start by relieving MP of the job, get a new man in and freshen up our aged squad. I do not want to go in work tomorrow, thanks City.

This.
The game was a microcosm of the season as whole.
If we can't get top four,which is highly likely on current form,then I'm sure we're shite enough to dodge the dreaded Europa League.

wireblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
They hung the manager out to dry throughout that game.

Laughable those who demanded a five in midfield was the way to go.

We played a four winning two titles.

It's all about desire and this team has nothing close to it.

Which in a derby game, is the most unforgivable of all.

City have a stench of finality around this whole project on the pitch.

Not a top player out there today, watching that, who would think why not City?

As for Toure, I have no words.

I disagree that was a five man midfield. silva was playing just behind aguero (exactly the same position aguero has been playing behind dzeko).
it was still a two man midfield of fern and yaya which is madness. yaya was a disgrace today but his performance in that set up was entirely predictable.

Exactly, it was stated as a 4-5-1 when in fact it was still a 2 man midfield that exposes the weakness that Yaya now is.

Blueband Brother said:
Bad day and it seems we cant catch a break. It looked promising at the start but the same problems crept up again and same old story.

We should consolidate that top four and we really need a hero behind the scenes. Someone with foresight, wisdom and bravery to pull us back on trackbecause we are desperately lacking direction in terms of on the pitch bottom line stuff.

Yes, what we need is someone to challenge Ffp, throw down the gauntlet and find a legal team to obliterate it.

Exactly as predicted before the Palace match........2 DEFEATS. Slagged off as usual but spot on, people just have their heads in the sand. City are a fucking embarrassment. Never thought I would have to say that.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Disappointing result , but its the acceptance of the players of the defeat , we get back to 2-4 , there 4mins left of normal time and 3 mins of injury , theyve got 10 men , and no one in a blue shirt gives a f8ck , that is the most damning conclusion of this group of players. We fight to the end ?

There was only one minute of normal time left when Kun scored.

But I do take your general point.

No fight, no desperation to rush the ball back to the centre-spot and no urgency to try to score a third.

Offside

Here's a question... when is offside not offside?

When it's against MCFC - i don't see why the attacker should get the benefit of the doubt when he's a foot, or a head offside?
If it's equal then yes, but not when he's ahead of the defender.

Gary Chuckle - marginal offside is offside. It's not friggin difficult is it! The could see it was offside before they'd got the ball back on the penalty spot. The sooner video replays are brought in the better. It's a black and white decision, not a subjective one so why not help the linesman out when he understandably can't keep up with the speed of the game.

Vienna_70 said:
Too many players out of form and lacking confidence.

Pellegrini has to take responsibility, at least for the drop in confidence. His stubbornness and insistence on playing 4-4-2 has cost us in so many games.

Mancini, for all his faults, wouldn't have had a team that conceded four goals to that lot.
I still think that Mancini's time was rightfully up.

I will say this, though. He would be enraged right now. One look from him would have curdled milk. Maybe it wore thin, but sometimes that's needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.