The Derby Post Match Thread

stony said:
One thing that did piss me off during the game was the reaction of Tyler and Neville when Demi got an elbow in the face.
Fellaini has a reputation as a serial thug. Leading with his elbow in a deliberate attempt to hurt opposition players is a trademark of his game. Yet neither of those c**ts mentioned it. Instead, they seized upon the opportunity to slag Demi off when he jumped up too quickly. It was so fucking blatant of them it was embarrassing. You could almost hear the relief in their voices when he jumped up, now they had an excuse to talk about something other than the fact that Fellaini is a thug.
They should have been highlighting and discussing the elbow because it's not the first time, it's not even the second or third, that c**t does this about 5 times a fucking season and nothing is ever said.

More like 5 times a game - he always throws an elbow out when he jumps. In truth, he could get a red card every practically game

Balti said:
Stoned Rose said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
If you read the bit of Bellamy's autobiography where he signed for Liverpool, he talks about Benitez. He didn't really relate to him as a person but he said he was the most tactically aware manager he'd ever worked with. They didn't do five-a-sides in training, like we seem to do, but focused almost exclusively on the tactical situations they were planning to use in the next game and on nullifying the opponents' strengths. They'd practice these routines ad nauseam.

Does anyone think we prepare to that level?

It's abundantly clear we don't even think about the opposition imo.

I've never seen MP do anything as a proactive measure to counter an opponent's strengths.

MP's approach is clearly one of we've got the 'best players; so we'll outscore you. This is great when the machinery is working and the players are motivated and 'into it' but it's one hell of a risk to be putting yourself in a position where you need to be scoring 2,3,4 goals to win games of football.

Imagine Mourinho with this set of players? I think we'd absolutely walk this league.

true

but it wouldn't be nice and ''holistic''

being ''holistic'' is apparently more important than winning

I don't know about holistic, but I would rather lose than win the Mourinho way

Eccles Blue said:
Brad mcfc said:
Dreading work Tomoz, it's been a while since they've had the bragging rights !

My response to my family of reds tonight has been: 1 in 5 and you are bragging, deal with it, we'll be back!!

Hah. Just say "Just imagine if you had actually bought a defence last summer?"
Indian Love Song stuff...
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSbigjiKLoU[/video]

TheRisingoftheNorth said:
stony said:
One thing that did piss me off during the game was the reaction of Tyler and Neville when Demi got an elbow in the face.
Fellaini has a reputation as a serial thug. Leading with his elbow in a deliberate attempt to hurt opposition players is a trademark of his game. Yet neither of those c**ts mentioned it. Instead, they seized upon the opportunity to slag Demi off when he jumped up too quickly. It was so fucking blatant of them it was embarrassing. You could almost hear the relief in their voices when he jumped up, now they had an excuse to talk about something other than the fact that Fellaini is a thug.
They should have been highlighting and discussing the elbow because it's not the first time, it's not even the second or third, that c**t does this about 5 times a fucking season and nothing is ever said.

More like 5 times a game - he always throws an elbow out when he jumps. In truth, he could get a red card every practically game

He did it to Zabaleta at the end of the first half, was getting no where near the ball and went into Zaba elbow first.

When the going was good we looked like world beaters but once they scored we looked like the Royal Oak

I've just got home, proper drowned my sorrows!

That was an utter utter disgrace of a performance. Our worst derby performance for 21 years.

These players don't give a fuck and the manager is a fucking joke.

KippaxCitizen said:
I've just got home, proper drowned my sorrows!

That was an utter utter disgrace of a performance. Our worst derby performance for 21 years.

These players don't give a fuck and the manager is a fucking joke.

I was surprised Kompany lasted 45 minutes.

100 per cent right to go my ass.

Selection and player attitude has never been worse at this club.

Leslie was poor but even he didn't select players who just can't stay on the paddock without getting more crocked than they already were.

MP will be sacked and rightly so but we need a manager who knows how to select teams and motivate players beyond a 12 month cycle.

In saying all that we don't have many players in this squad who are capable of giving it a decent crack in Europe and domestically anymore.

Kun is the only player I have some confidence anymore and Silva needs to be redeployed.

Hart is average but serviceable but I would rather a better credentialled keeper be transferred into the ranks over the summer to give him serious competition like Chelsea have done.

The rest you can be assured none of them will ever be in a blue shirt when we step out in a Chumps League final NONE OF THEM and I will give you great odds on that being the case.

Domestically we have to have Mangala and Bony next season to see if they can cut it but the signs are not good , the rest you can ship out for sure they are not part of the future , they are past it mentally and physically.

The rags tactic of booting the ball up to Bottle Brush for him to lay off to another player worked well for them. Maybe Bony can do a similar job for Kun and Silva. There is no point in us booting it up field when we only have small men up front and unfortunately our other tall forward, Dzeko, hasn't got the control (or the willingness to soil his shirt at the present) to fill that role.

When was the last time we shipped four goals?

When was the last time we lost two consecutive EPL games?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.