The Derby Post Match Thread

Like many other fans I felt, as Vinnie suggested, that the derby would be the day the team stood up and showed that form is temporary while class is permanent. When I saw the team sheet I was doubly encouraged; our manager had gone with one up front - even if only because of our four strikers two were injured and one lamentably out of form - and was going to take the rags on in midfield, dominate possession and give them a fairly hefty hiding. I was a little intrigued (rather than concerned) to see that Fernando was on the bench, but Milner is a far more energetic player and could up the tempo nicely. For the first ten minutes my best hopes came nicely to fruition; City one up and it could have been three! Then it all went wrong. Not for the first time three United lads converged on Zaba, picked up the loose ball and Young -who usually finds that he can only occupy himself on derby day falling over his own feet - put the rags level. It became clear that Pellegrini had simply found another way of allowing the opposition to overwhelm us in midfield; we were playing only one up front but still only had two in central midfield. Milner was not to be a third CM and increasingly appeared on the left rather than on Carrick and Ferna and Ya Ya found themselves in their now customary role of being outnumbered 3 to 2 and more often 4 to 2. No wonder they now look tetchy and depressed most of the time. They're actually out of position most of the time - through no fault of their own. For the rest of the afternoon CIty had no shape and no obvious formation. Instead we resembled a rather unpleasant stain oozing around until it spread from one end of the pitch to the other.

My fear is that Pellegrini is prepared to accept that the "slump is down" to him, but that he is too dogmatic to do anything about it and that excellent professionals are being dismissed as "over the hill" because they can't be in several places at once to remedy the errors of a manager who treats team selection as musical chairs, especially at the back, where Vinnie must be crying out for a lengthy rest to recover from tiresome niggling injuries which have ruined his season and may ruin his career if not dealt with properly. Many players on Sunday seemed bewildered and clueless as to what the manager actually wanted them to do. If this isn't sorted we will find that games which look certain 3 pointers will become very tricky in the last weeks of the season and Spurs and Swansea away and Southampton at home will be very nasty indeed. Villa are not in bad nick at the moment either.

MaineRoadBlue said:
salfordsingingblue said:
the cart is leading the horse I miss Roberto mancini and all that he stood for

Should be on a private jet to Milan now with cap in hand to bring him back. Worse decision we ever did was get rid of him.

Farce.

Totally agree Mancini was our leader and still should be

Sad to say yesterday came as no surprise to a lot of us, its been obvious that the team has no balance for a while, even worse MP either does not see it, or is blindly following directions from above.

Players do not turn into bad players overnight, even a lose of form can be negated by a manager doing his job and switching things about, but blindly sticking to a system while ignoring what is happening on the pitch just smacks of stupidity, players shine when they play in positions or systems that suit their skills, that's how they got to the top of their game.

Its been like watching race horses hooked up to milk carts at times this season ;0(

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Like many other fans I felt, as Vinnie suggested, that the derby would be the day the team stood up and showed that form is temporary while class is permanent. When I saw the team sheet I was doubly encouraged; our manager had gone with one up front - even if only because of our four strikers two were injured and one lamentably out of form - and was going to take the rags on in midfield, dominate possession and give them a fairly hefty hiding. I was a little intrigued (rather than concerned) to see that Fernando was on the bench, but Milner is a far more energetic player and could up the tempo nicely. For the first ten minutes my best hopes came nicely to fruition; City one up and it could have been three! Then it all went wrong. Not for the first time three United lads converged on Zaba, picked up the loose ball and Young -who usually finds that he can only occupy himself on derby day falling over his own feet - put the rags level. It became clear that Pellegrini had simply found another way of allowing the opposition to overwhelm us in midfield; we were playing only one up front but still only had two in central midfield. Milner was not to be a third CM and increasingly appeared on the left rather than on Carrick and Ferna and Ya Ya found themselves in their now customary role of being outnumbered 3 to 2 and more often 4 to 2. No wonder they now look tetchy and depressed most of the time. They're actually out of position most of the time - through no fault of their own. For the rest of the afternoon CIty had no shape and no obvious formation. Instead we resembled a rather unpleasant stain oozing around until it spread from one end of the pitch to the other.

My fear is that Pellegrini is prepared to accept that the "slump is down" to him, but that he is too dogmatic to do anything about it and that excellent professionals are being dismissed as "over the hill" because they can't be in several places at once to remedy the errors of a manager who treats team selection as musical chairs, especially at the back, where Vinnie must be crying out for a lengthy rest to recover from tiresome niggling injuries which have ruined his season and may ruin his career if not dealt with properly. Many players on Sunday seemed bewildered and clueless as to what the manager actually wanted them to do. If this isn't sorted we will find that games which look certain 3 pointers will become very tricky in the last weeks of the season and Spurs and Swansea away and Southampton at home will be very nasty indeed. Villa are not in bad nick at the moment either.

good post

The team have no pride. passion or respect for the fans

Man U wanted it more than us
As Stated Where was
The Pride
The Passion
The Respect for the Supporters
Need I say anymore
15Ok a week for a stroll at ot
We have had a great few years so lets start again................

Re: The team have no pride. passion or respect for the fan

sallythecat said:
Man U wanted more than us
As Stated Where was the Pride
The Passion
The Respect for the Supporters
Need I say anymore
159k a week for a stroll at ot

Passion and effort is all I have ever asked from any City player regardless of salary.

Hart
Fernandinho
Aguero

The only 3 who can be excluded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.