The Foodies thread

I am just back from a seasiders jolly to Flamborough and kept telling our local chippy this when he was seasoning my fish supper, and on the very last day he told me to fuck off. I think he was stressed out as his shop was busy.

A Presbyterian minister by the name of Mathew Henry once said "There's none so deaf as those that will not hear"

A little akin to our own resident chef Gok-Wan-Ace, who admited his potatoes came out undercooked by cautioning to "put em back in if there still hard" You couldn't cook a Turnip at them low temperatures, let alone a Maris Piper!
Wrong Mr Airfryer

Check the recommended temperature for this recipe.

I'd say it's a bit more effort than a packet mix/airfryer combo. For best results, pan fry your chicken breast.
Apologies for my delay in replying. I had to go to Sainsurys as I had run out of basil and tumeric.

I feel I'm wading through a primeval sea of stagnated soup in a vain like attempt to engage you in cooking ettiquette, sadly in doing so, deriving more nuance out of a plated dish of amoebic plankton. However for interactions sake.

There's a time and a place for all kitchen apparatus and for my Kebab dish the NinjaFoodie Max was my tool of choice. Cooking times may be slightly shorter for your "fry-up" since hot oil can cook in minutes what an air fryer would take 12 minutes to evenly acheive.

Having said that, an air fryer affords healthier cooking options, versatility, and easier cleaning, whilst a pan fry up provides fat lads with their calorific needs and wants. Nothing wrong using both methods. In the interest of clarity I also own a Boshe MHA133 oven that I use to great effect for all my signature dishes, soufles and egg custards.

As for your packet jibe, you did exactly the same as me. My seasoning was placed in a highly calibrated serving size, proportioned to detail by the testing labs of Coleman, whilst your seasoning of garlic, pepper, salt, nutmeg were shaken from Saxa and co, and applied in the erratic manerism of the Swedish Chef. Bork Bork Bork

Admit it Two Gun. You're more of a 'for best results, cook from frozen' type of bloke.
As bored users will attest, I was prepared to offer up my ingrediants for examination before any cookery commenced.
I only use fresh meat in my dishes as my submitted photographs of Hubbard slower reared chicken fillets confirm.

You on the other hand only had one job to do, cook a cheesless spud for your wifes tea and you still messed it up.

Last edited:
Wrong Mr Airfryer
I dont think so Gok?

Check the recommended temperature for this recipe.
The BBC man Mike said 160/140 fan assisted but being rather edgy and difficult you decided to use 135 which is probably why your taters were grossly undercooked. You have to follow the recipe lad, not make it up as you go along.

Now go and apologise to your Mrs for messing up her tea and try to win her back with this recipe from Jamie Oliver.

Apologies for my delay in replying. I had to go to Sainsurys as I had run out of basil and tumeric.

I feel I'm wading through a primeval sea of stagnated soup in a vain like attempt to engage you in cooking ettiquette, sadly in doing so, deriving more nuance out of a plated dish of amoebic plankton. However for interactions sake.

There's a time and a place for all kitchen apparatus and for my Kebab dish the NinjaFoodie Max was my tool of choice. Cooking times may be slightly shorter for your "fry-up" since hot oil can cook in minutes what an air fryer would take 12 minutes to evenly acheive.

Having said that, an air fryer affords healthier cooking options, versatility, and easier cleaning, whilst a pan fry up provides fat lads with their calorific needs and wants. Nothing wrong using both methods. In the interest of clarity I also own a Boshe MHA133 oven that I use to great effect for all my signature dishes, soufles and egg custards.

As for your packet jibe, you did exactly the same as me. My seasoning was placed in a highly calibrated serving size, proportioned to detail by the testing labs of Coleman, whilst your seasoning of garlic, pepper, salt, nutmeg were shaken from Saxa and co, and applied in the erratic manerism of the Swedish Chef. Bork Bork Bork

As bored users will attest, I was prepared to offer up my ingrediants for examination before any cookery commenced.
I only use fresh meat in my dishes as my submitted photographs of Hubbard slower reared chicken fillets confirm.

You on the other hand only had one job to do, cook a cheesless spud for your wifes tea and you still messed it up.
It was fantastically cooked at 135 sunbeam, something you're choosing to ignore as you're in a cloud of arrogance. Not sure how though as you think cooking is a packet mix and air fryer.

What next? Frozen sausage, Smash and bisto as your recommendation for a classic sausage and mash.

Anyway, you're boring me now.

Happy airfrying

It was fantastically cooked at 135 sunbeam, something you're choosing to ignore as you're in a cloud of arrogance. Not sure how though as you think cooking is a packet mix and air fryer.
A cloud of arrogance: You were the excitable typo that waded onto thread to berate someones cooking.
You made a 30 minute shit potatoe dish lad without bunging in any cheese. Time to get over yourself?
What next? Frozen sausage, Smash and bisto as your recommendation for a classic sausage and mash.
Nowt wrong with Bisto lad and I'd sooner eat Smash than that crap spud dish you just cooked served up.
Anyway, you're boring me now.

Happy airfrying
Im getting the a sniff of dummy spitting. Are you getting angry : )

Last edited:
I dont think so Gok?

The BBC man Mike said 160/140 fan assisted but being rather edgy and difficult you decided to use 135 which is probably why your taters were grossly undercooked. You have to follow the recipe lad, not make it up as you go along.

Now go and apologise to your Mrs for messing up her tea and try to win her back with this recipe from Jamie Oliver.

You give it to these food snobs mate, and please continue to pontificate your posts are like a breath of fresh air on here ;-)

I recently cooked up a seasoned meat and potatoe pie using shortcrust pastry from scratch and it was utterly delicious. I like pies but of late have become disillusioned with Hollands and Puka that are overpriced for the content.

Our favourite dish of the moment that we enjoy cooking is Chicken Kebabs Big Night In. This particular product is so tasty that sometimes the supermarkets sell out, so when they become available we tend to just buy in bulk. They can be bought @4 for £2.50 on offer.

The integral part of this dish is the chicken, and we now only use Oakwood Gold reared from a Hubbard bird.

7dyO8cC.jpg

Here are some of the other ingrediants

T7h6Y9N.jpg

Serves two.
Place into a bowl 500 grams of diced chicken breast, then open up one packet of Big Night In Chicken Kebab and throughly hand mix together. Allow the Mix to aromate and assimilate into the breast meat for two hours. Place the marinated chicken into your air fryer for 13 minutes at mark 200 and turn for the last 2 minutes.

After the final turn, take a Deli Kitchen Greek flat bread and warm up in the grill for a few minutes. Add the chicken to your Greek flat bread and garnish with lashings of garlic mayonaise. Add a small sprig of basil and some side salad for display, and then serve up with a beer of your choice.

An excellent meal for the game tonight served with Cruzcampo to assimilate the merging of the English and Spanish. Cruzcampo being Spains no's 1 lager beer and the Kebab being intrinsicly English. Bon Apetite:

2P4z9YI.jpg
I'm going to give this a go for a quick midweek tea. I've made a quick garlic mayo, just need a good chilli sauce recipe now. I think kebab shops add mint sauce to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.