The guy who ran on the pitch

davymcfc said:
Trigger said:
Was funny but not worth a court case and 3 year ban ;)
yeah on the football hooligan act. pathetic rules. should just give him a fine but they wont.

No a lifetime ban is the only way to stop knobheads running on the pitch.

my lad got a ban from the club but however had it lifted (mistaken identity) if he had gone to games during the ban the club could not have done anthing as it was not enforced through the courts yes they could have had him removed by security or shall i say security could have asked him to leave, a fine line here as if security or a steward grab you by the arm to remove you it is actually asault

marco said:
my lad got a ban from the club but however had it lifted (mistaken identity) if he had gone to games during the ban the club could not have done anthing as it was not enforced through the courts yes they could have had him removed by security or shall i say security could have asked him to leave, a fine line here as if security or a steward grab you by the arm to remove you it is actually asault

Wrong! sorry but if you believe this, but I can catagorically state you are wrong.

Here is the actual wording issued to stewards.

Ejections:

Ejections should be carried out with the minimum of force. Stewards, like everybody else are governed by the law and should be confident that the ejection can be justified. Should any difficulties arise then a Police Officer will be available to assist but the responsibility for breaches of the ground regulations in the first instance lies with the steward.

The law provides a power for every citizen, which of course includes stewards, to take reasonable steps to prevent a person a person who is breaking or threatening to break the peace from doing so. Those reasonable steps will include detaining anyone against their will, short of arresting them. This in effect means that a steward can lawfully detain anyone who is misbehaving for the purpose of ejecting them. This power is given by means of a case Albert v Lavin 1981 and is commonly known as "Detention short of Arrest".

Not really the most intelligent act given that the next 3 years are going to be the most exciting at the club in 40 years...

Trigger said:
marco said:

Wrong! sorry but if you believe this, but I can catagorically state you are wrong.

Here is the actual wording issued to stewards.

Ejections:

Ejections should be carried out with the minimum of force. Stewards, like everybody else are governed by the law and should be confident that the ejection can be justified. Should any difficulties arise then a Police Officer will be available to assist but the responsibility for breaches of the ground regulations in the first instance lies with the steward.

The law provides a power for every citizen, which of course includes stewards, to take reasonable steps to prevent a person a person who is breaking or threatening to break the peace from doing so. Those reasonable steps will include detaining anyone against their will, short of arresting them. This in effect means that a steward can lawfully detain anyone who is misbehaving for the purpose of ejecting them. This power is given by means of a case Albert v Lavin 1981 and is commonly known as "Detention short of Arrest".

its a fine line trig, if my lad had gone to a match and was sitting in say level 3 watching the game saying nothing he's hardly breaking or threatening to break the peace, missbehaving in a manner likely to cause distress or any other crime however the law likes to dress it up. if say you knocked his glasses into his eye while over reacting to evict him 'you personaly are liable for asault charges, a sterward or security have no more powers than jo blogs making a citizens arest and beleive me the citizens arest situation can backfire and the honest party end up getting sued

marco said:
[its a fine line trig, if my lad had gone to a match and was sitting in say level 3 watching the game saying nothing he's hardly breaking or threatening to break the peace, missbehaving in a manner likely to cause distress or any other crime however the law likes to dress it up. if say you knocked his glasses into his eye while over reacting to evict him 'you personaly are liable for asault charges, a sterward or security have no more powers than jo blogs making a citizens arest and beleive me the citizens arest situation can backfire and the honest party end up getting sued

You may think it is a fine line but, firstly in your sons case which was a civil case as it hadn't been enforced via the courts, a steward could ask your son to leave the ground if he refused he would then be in breach of Ground regulations (similar to if you are barred from a pub) should he then fail to do so, what normally would happen is that the stewards (we are instructed not to do ejections on our own) would then using reasonable force remove your son. Whilst all this is happening it would be recorded on CCTV and police officers aware and standing by. Having made a reasonable request your son should be willing to comply with the request of the stewards.

There is little chance of your son say having "glasses pushed in his eye" as the law states reasonable force, thus by simply holding on to his arm this is unlikely to happen , however your son if putting up resistance would then make reasonable force that bit stronger. There have been many cases brought, the most recent with the Rag stewards who broke the City fans legs.
this is obviously unacceptable but this is a very rare case and as you state will be correctly punished, but how many times have you seen fans removed by more than one steward with his arms up his back but no case brought against them.

This is simply because the steward is performing his duties within the limits of the duties and laws that allow them to do so.

something thats gone on since football started,funniest i saw was the streaker v brum at maine rd.Is this forum full of police, magistrates ,and the hang em high brigade,you get a smaller ban for drink driving ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.