The Harry and Meghan fuss

The other major angle that does get lost in all this is that constitutionally William is more important than Harry and they are treated differently And so are their offspring.

Other than that I think you are pretty much on the money. I have always thought, put simply, the media are at the root of all this. Without their relentless baying for fresh blood they would have sorted themselves out and Harry and Meghan could have been a modernising and positive influence within the Royal Family.
In the words of Jarvis Cocker:

hacks in macs
Take snaps through telephoto lenses
Chase Mercedes Benz’ through the night
A mourning nation weeps and wails
But keeps the sales of evil tabloids healthy
The poor protect the wealthy in this world

If someone says ‘I want to be dead’.
You take that person seriously and getting them help trumps ‘how it looks’.
You'd like to think so but you're perhaps falling into the trap of assuming everyone else would behave like yourself in that situation. There are still plenty of people out there who wouldn't take it seriously and come out with the old-fashioned "get over it" shite.

A few common threads:

The Windsors are a maladjusted family, where women are seen as a baby machine...preferably a male baby, if you please.

They’re about as warm and welcoming as a sharp stick in the eye.

Their Firm comes first. STFU.

Mental health? Just stiffen that upper lip a little more, whiner!

Hollywood:

Mental health? Why aren’t you ALREADY seeing a therapist? This town will suck the marrow out of you, let alone the Windsors & the British Press!

The British Press:

Bloodsuckers of the worst kind, and world famous for it. Royalty does not make you immune, it makes you a target!

“Black, you say?” Juicy stories all around!

Crazy Dad? A few quid on the table and he will sing for his supper!

The Spare doesn’t get the same protection. Let’s go to town.

—————
To me, the whole thing is despicable and is starting to make “The Firm” look more like “The Mob.”

Snitches get stitches...or more!

Always liked Harry the most and I genuinely believe he is trying to protect his wife snd family. Only he knows what he has to protect them from, but looks and sounds like the taste Meghan got was a sour one.

They may have centuries of inbreeding, but it’s always been “white blood!” How very dare he? And did you hear that Preacher at the wedding and see that choir?! Enough to make your cucumber sandwich curl up at the edges!

They fucked off. They didn’t fancy the sneers, the snark and the racism. They called it out and the denial has been... unavailable, because they can’t give fake one or Harry might spill the whole truth!

Leave them the fuck alone, and let them try to take care of their growing family!

The Oprah Interview was a “Don’t fuck with us anymore or we’ll shop you!” shot across the Royal bow. It should be heeded, because I’m not sure she gives a guck what they think of her anymore, and Harry appears to be right there with her.

Last edited:
The Telegraph has a YouGov poll with totally unsuprising results.

Young people and Labour supporters are heavily backing the Sussexes whilst older people and Conservative voters are backing the Royal family. As there are more older people and Conservative voters that translates into a majority for the Royals.

I can't imagine anyone has changed their opinion of the monarchy because of what the Sussexes have said. If you didn't agree with it before you still won't and if you were a supporter of the institution or at least content with it to carry on (my position) then that won't have changed either.
Unsurprising is what I thought it would be, Bluemoon, once more does not reflect the UK population, and nothing much has changed regarding support
for the monarchy, despite a few predicting its forthcoming demise.
A large poll on Monarchy v Republic some years ago revealed around 66%-33%
(or close to those numbers).
This is the poll in question...

I doubt its not hard to get help for anything when you're a millionaire Rascal. Do you think Meghan would have gone on a NHS waiting list.?
Like I said though, go to a priory clinic and the media will have a field day with there assumptions because of the likes of the Priory Clinics association with drug and alcohol abuse.

So are we saying that without the media scrutiny this would be of no more or less consequence than any other internal family spat where people have treated each other poorly and said shitty things?

Surely anyone we consider are getting unfair treatment should receive as much support as possible. Using the word spat imo sounds rather condescending

noun: spat; plural noun: spats
  1. a quarrel about an unimportant matter.
    "when we had our little spats, he had only to smile to get back on the right side of me"

Last edited:
You'd like to think so but you're perhaps falling into the trap of assuming everyone else would behave like yourself in that situation. There are still plenty of people out there who wouldn't take it seriously and come out with the old-fashioned "get over it" shite.
Maybe mate, maybe.

Like I said though, go to a priory clinic and the media will have a field day with there assumptions because of the likes of the Priory Clinics association with drug and alcohol abuse.
You can have someone visit and its always confidential. Unless of course you want it to be public knowledge . Like Meghan clearly does?

You can have someone visit and its always confidential. Unless of course you want it to be public knowledge . Like Meghan clearly does?
I don't think that top doctors in that field are likely to break their Hypocratic Oath, lose their reputation, practicing certificate, livelihood
and everything else by breaking a confidence.
Unless they want to get on the Oprah show?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.