The Harry and Meghan fuss

Maybe mate. My recollection was that she said she had asked for help from Senior civil servants in the Palace and then had gone to HR and they had failed to help her. Anyway, not knowing the full circumstances its probably wrong of me to comment further.
Yeah, she definitely said that as well

It`s not like Charlie has a history of being a complete **** is it.

Charlie was 32 and Diana just turned 20 on their wedding day which took place after a short engagement. It`s pretty obvious that the heir to the throne needed to find himself a brood mare. Then taking into account the "whatever love is" answer he gave when asked if they were in love it looks like he found one.

What transpired and who`s bed he ended up in led me to believe that what went on with Diana was either planned by him, with or without the prompting of the Royal family and it`s institution.

It`s not like Charlie has a history of being a complete **** is it.

Charlie was 32 and Diana just turned 20 on their wedding day which took place after a short engagement. It`s pretty obvious that the heir to the throne need to find a himself a brood mare. Then taking into account the "whatever love is" answer he gave when asked if they were in love.

What transpired and who`s bed he ended up in led me to believe that what went on with Diana was either planned by him, with or without the prompting of the Royal family and it`s institution.
Is this any different or worse than any number of other wrong, abusive or arranged/forced marriages though? I'm not saying it's good or ok, but the only difference to some random down the road with a bad marriage is the public / media scrutiny as far as I can see. Same with the latest thing - we all love driving slowly past the fatal crash and having a gawp and the media feed on it.

Have you any idea how hard it is to get help for mental health issues.

Waits of 40 weeks just for referral are not uncommon, the mental health provision in this country was decimated under austerity.

There is also growing demand for services because of COVID and people being isolated, it is now so bad in Manchester it is at crisis level and the head of Mental health provision in Manchester is warning of waits of over a year if things are not changed quickly.
I doubt its not hard to get help for anything when you're a millionaire Rascal. Do you think Meghan would have gone on a NHS waiting list.?

The Telegraph has a YouGov poll with totally unsuprising results.

Young people and Labour supporters are heavily backing the Sussexes whilst older people and Conservative voters are backing the Royal family. As there are more older people and Conservative voters that translates into a majority for the Royals.

I can't imagine anyone has changed their opinion of the monarchy because of what the Sussexes have said. If you didn't agree with it before you still won't and if you were a supporter of the institution or at least content with it to carry on (my position) then that won't have changed either.

Is this any different or worse than any number of other wrong, abusive or arranged/forced marriages though? I'm not saying it's good or ok, but the only difference to some random down the road with a bad marriage is the public / media scrutiny as far as I can see. Same with the latest thing - we all love driving slowly past the fatal crash and having a gawp and the media feed on it.

Well, I would think in most marriages like this (Harry and Megan) the daughter in law isnt thrown to the press wolf pack.

I`m not a Royalist or anti Royalist, by the way. I just don`t like what I see as injustice.

Well, I would think in most marriages like this (Harry and Megan) the daughter in law isnt thrown to the press wolf pack.

I`m not a Royalist or anti Royalist, by the way. I just don`t like what I see as injustice.
So are we saying that without the media scrutiny this would be of no more or less consequence than any other internal family spat where people have treated each other poorly and said shitty things?

I am not privy to what help is available in the private sector, but i wouldn't have thought Meghan being admitted to a Priory Clinic or something like that would have been a great look. The media would have had a field day and it takes no great leap of faith to think they would have turned what was a mental health issue into drug and alcohol dependency issue. Wasn't Diana hounded over Bulimia or am i getting her mixed up with somebody else
It's for this reason that I can well see that conversation taking place and Meghan being told that it wouldn't be a "good look". If she had gone to get help and the press got hold of it, like you say they would've had a field day and while things have improved over recent years regarding understanding mental health issues, there's still a huge amount of stigma and ignorance around it. The press would've fed into that stigma and ignorance for sure. With that in mind, I'm prepared to give the person who supposedly said that to Meghan some leeway as it could be that they felt - albeit misguidedly - they were doing her a favour in some way and didn't want her to get a load more shit in the press.

So are we saying that without the media scrutiny this would be of no more or less consequence than any other internal family spat where people have treated each other poorly and said shitty things?
The other major angle that does get lost in all this is that constitutionally William is more important than Harry and they are treated differently And so are their offspring.

Other than that I think you are pretty much on the money. I have always thought, put simply, the media are at the root of all this. Without their relentless baying for fresh blood they would have sorted themselves out and Harry and Meghan could have been a modernising and positive influence within the Royal Family.

It's for this reason that I can well see that conversation taking place and Meghan being told that it wouldn't be a "good look". If she had gone to get help and the press got hold of it, like you say they would've had a field day and while things have improved over recent years regarding understanding mental health issues, there's still a huge amount of stigma and ignorance around it. The press would've fed into that stigma and ignorance for sure. With that in mind, I'm prepared to give the person who supposedly said that to Meghan some leeway as it could be that they felt - albeit misguidedly - they were doing her a favour in some way and didn't want her to get a load more shit in the press.
If someone says ‘I want to be dead’.
You take that person seriously and getting them help trumps ‘how it looks’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.