The Harry and Meghan fuss

Nothing really explosive in the interview.

They were respectful of the actual family, but had major issues with those who control them, the senior staff who run the institution and of course the media.

Harry's comments were more insightful, especially about the aftermath of the successful South Pacific tour. He seemed to be suggesting that Meghan was becoming very popular and people within the institution didn't like it. They couldn't have another 'Diana' on their hands and have an outsider be bigger than the family and even worse she was an independent woman of colour who had her own ideas. Oprah should have pushed further on this (maybe she did but t was edited out)

They hinted that this symbiotic relationship the institution has with the press was at play and was to the benefit of both that articles, media personalities and royal correspondents were allowed to trash Meghan at every opportunity. They could have stopped it but didn't want to. They could have helped her, but didn't want to.

Their plan of stepping back and being minor Royals made sense, the decision to withdraw their security seems spiteful as they are clearly targets with more than likely an increased threat against them. The cost of employing their own private security will be astronomical so they need to make big $$$ somehow and good luck to them.

Clearly Meghan gave Harry a taste of actual freedom and a 'normal' life outside of what he described as being trapped....seems worse than Scientology.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the Royal Family and we start to see over the next couple of decades it reduce then go quietly into the night never to be seen again.
Fantastic post and agree with every word except where you say the removal of security was a decision made out of spite. I think it was actually a decision made to make them more vulnerable to harm (which it undeniably would) and make them cow down and retreat from the world, specifically Meghan. They desperately want her to know her place and do as she is told, like the stick insect married to William.

I don’t like her and it’s got absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is in any way black - and nor does it mean I don’t have sympathy for the way she’s been treated. I just don’t like her. It’s a simple as that. Human opinion doesn’t always operate in the binary way you seem to think it does.
To be honest i don't look at Meghan and see that she is black and my opinion of her doesn't stem from what she looks like. Much like I don't look at footballers like Raheem and Ake and see the colour of their skin as a defining factor of who they are. Meghan is like Marmite and I think people who are not enamoured by her, I'm talking the general public not the media are quite entitled to make their own minds up about her, although certain people are influenced by the red tops and that will never change due to lack of education in the racial sector. You can't please everyone and you have to accept that. She went into this relationship with her eyes wide closed and when things started to hit the buffers disappeared back to her safety zone in LA taking downtrodden Harry with her. Her record of ghosting everyone is unparalleled and I think she has deliberately burned her bridges and left Harry between a rock and a hard place.noone comes out of this with any credit

I don’t like her and it’s got absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is in any way black - and nor does it mean I don’t have sympathy for the way she’s been treated. I just don’t like her. It’s a simple as that. Human opinion doesn’t always operate in the binary way you seem to think it does.
Good post and is exactly where I am towards her, just something which I can’t put my finger on that i just can’t take to her. This has got me thinking though, and me and my girlfriend were discussing this last night, when does being rude, like the press were to her, stop being rude and become racist? If there are no actual racist words used or even hinted at where is the line between them both?

Tricky question I guess and an absolute minefield.

To be honest i don't look at Meghan and see that she is black and my opinion of her doesn't stem from what she looks like. Much like I don't look at footballers like Raheem and Ake and see the colour of their skin as a defining factor of who they are. Meghan is like Marmite and I think people who are not enamoured by her, I'm talking the general public not the media are quite entitled to make their own minds up about her, although certain people are influenced by the red tops and that will never change due to lack of education in the racial sector. You can't please everyone and you have to accept that. She went into this relationship with her eyes wide closed and when things started to hit the buffers disappeared back to her safety zone in LA taking downtrodden Harry with her. Her record of ghosting everyone is unparalleled and I think she has deliberately burned her bridges and left Harry between a rock and a hard place.noone comes out of this with any credit
Seriously, who else has she "ghosted" apart from that slapped arse Piers Morgan? And surely when you mix in those kind of circles with celebrities mixing at functions and networking all the time, ghosting is a regular thing and not something worth getting hung up about. I also wouldn't mind that Morgan himself has ghosted plenty of people down the years.

Good post and is exactly where I am towards her, just something which I can’t put my finger on that i just can’t take to her. This has got me thinking though, and me and my girlfriend were discussing this last night, when does being rude, like the press were to her, stop being rude and become racist? If there are no actual racist words used or even hinted at where is the line between them both?

Tricky question I guess and an absolute minefield.
Look up fresh out of compton from the mail and other things their columist said

Nothing wrong with that. Be interesting to know why you don't like her though. Is it for the same reason as Piers Morgan - that she blew you out a few years ago? ;)

Out of interest, what is it you don't like about her?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.