The Harry and Meghan fuss

I just don’t get the concept of Royalty as a privilege of birth in the 21st century.
The Queen as head of state? Fine. No problem if that’s the system you want, I wouldn’t get into an argument about what is better constitutionally. It’s your thing and you’re welcome to it. Nothing to do with me.
I don’t get the contradictions within the whole institution compared with how the rest of the country lives and is governed.

For instance, why could Charles not have married Camilla in the first place.
What changed with her circumstances that meant it was alright to marry after Diana’s death.
That sort of thing.
As an institution from the outside it sometimes looks like it has to be dragged into the 21st century kicking and screaming, whereas an elected president reflects the country more immediately.

Like I say. Nothing to do with me, I’m Irish. You’re welcome to whatever suits you all best.
To me it doesn't matter who is "in charge", there'll be corruption/disgrace sooner or later with whoever, whether it's a royal nonce or a President Boris. Some people like tradition, some like change for change sake. Personally I think it's a fair task to get almost 1000 years of history in anything and is part of the nation's identity.

Fortunately there is a cure for your condition AC.

BlindJoyousDarklingbeetle-max-1mb.gif

Don’t know how many times I’ve seen that but I’m still cracking up looking at it again.

Now if the journalist had taken the line of the guy in the flat cap, that would have been class;

I hear you’re a racist now William.
Hiw did you get into that sort of thing.
Should we all be racists now Will.
What does the Royal family say about it.

I’d tune in.
I mean, the journalism takes up most of my day and at night I just like to have a cup of tea, so I mightn't be able to devote myself full time to the old racism, Your Highness.

I never said I 'know' anything; it is my opinion of her. I'm more than capable of forming my own opinions, and am well rewarded for giving my opinion on matters too, so I guess that means it must count for something.

I can say with supreme confidence that what the media have to say does not inform that in any meaningful way. This is principally because evaluation of other (to me at least) is very much a subjective exercise; I believe I am a good judge of character (who doesn't?) am supremely self-confident and I consider myself intellectually superior to most people in the media - and so to me, the suggestion I am influenced by the media in forming my opinions on others is utterly flawed.

Seeing as you asked, I am a person who can form strong opinions on people but always try and be as balanced and fair as I can - as I believe I have in relation to Meghan. Just because I don't like her doesn't mean I don't think she has been treated poorly. And I was pleased she won her case against the Mail - and thought it was the correct outcome.

The view I have formed on her is very much my own and one that I readily acknowledge could be utterly flawed, but it is the perception I have arrived at based on my observation of her disposition, body language, actions and wider relationships with others. The same process most other human beings go through when evaluating others.

So, in short, the answer to your question is: 'no'.
Please, NEVER be on a jury!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.