The Harry and Meghan fuss

Thank goodness for the footy and, on Monday, I will take a bite to eat in the vibrant multi-cultural area in which I live. I mean no disrespect to anyone, and if you are upset by the passing of The Queen then you have a right to that, but I will not feign sorrow for someone I have never met. I and my family have lost, and known real pain, and losing someone you have never met is simply not the same.

As for Harry and Meghan, we need to realise that The Queen was still refusing to recruit ethnic minorities into the palace staff until the 1960s and then had exemptions to sex and race discrimination law written into palace procedures. Why, therefore, would we expect Meghan to be treated with equality and respect?

Thank goodness for the footy and, on Monday, I will take a bite to eat in the vibrant multi-cultural area in which I live. I mean no disrespect to anyone, and if you are upset by the passing of The Queen then you have a right to that, but I will not feign sorrow for someone I have never met. I and my family have lost, and known real pain, and losing someone you have never met is simply not the same.

As for Harry and Meghan, we need to realise that The Queen was still refusing to recruit ethnic minorities into the palace staff until the 1960s and then had exemptions to sex and race discrimination law written into palace procedures. Why, therefore, would we expect Meghan to be treated with equality and respect?

So she was recruiting ethnic minorities for about 60 years?
Presumably, as a 25 year old in 1952, her first priority wasn’t updating palace procedures she probably knew nothing about in a country that was very different to today’s multicultural multiethnic society. The fact she recognised the inequity in the 1960s is actually creditworthy when much of the country was racist as fuck due to lack of education in this area.

So she was recruiting ethnic minorities for about 60 years?
Presumably, as a 25 year old in 1952, her first priority wasn’t updating palace procedures she probably knew nothing about in a country that was very different to today’s multicultural multiethnic society. The fact she recognised the inequity in the 1960s is actually creditworthy when much of the country was racist as fuck due to lack of education in this area.
Did you read the article?

The palace engineered exemptions so that it did not have to comply with race and sex discrimination laws.

why? what is the gain? is there someone somewhere so divisive or really racist out there?

Don't know in this case as haven't paid attention but in other similar situations like the 'dirty dozen' covid anti vaxxers, it seemed to be simply that there was good money to be made. There are people hollowed out shells who will find ways to monetise anything irrespective of the damage it does.

Did you read the article?

The palace engineered exemptions so that it did not have to comply with race and sex discrimination laws.
No, just read your post that suggested something different to the article.

Having now read the article I agree it doesn’t paint the Queen in a particularly good light.

I'd be surprised if their recruitment policy for clerical roles at that time or currently were open and not subject to snobbishness.

Just take a look at who got the roles of ladies in waiting, these roles reserved for the daughters of peers.

They don't pay well for the junior roles either, but they get away from milking the prestige it adds to your CV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.