The Harry and Meghan fuss

Well she did lie by playing the race card about her infant son, which was proven to be complete bollocks.

You’ve at least got to be a bit of a twat to claim your son is the victim of racism whilst she must of known it wasn’t true.
Where did you hear it was a lie here are two quotes from newspapers from Harry’s interview I posted
“Her exotic DNA will be thickening the Royal blood,“straight out of Compton the gangsta home of her mother“and if that’s not racist I don’t know what is

His military connections were all withdrawn by the Palace if he went to the US but he’s carried on with his Invictus games for ex/servicemen it doesn’t seem right

Baroness Bruik made nearly 32 thousand hate/racial tweets about Meghan that’s one person out of 38 that takes some doing. The other 37 people made more or less hate tweets.

Where did you hear it was a lie here are two quotes from newspapers from Harry’s interview I posted
“Her exotic DNA will be thickening the Royal blood,“straight out of Compton the gangsta home of her mother“and if that’s not racist I don’t know what is

His military connections were all withdrawn by the Palace if he went to the US but he’s carried on with his Invictus games for ex/servicemen it doesn’t seem right

Baroness Bruik made nearly 32 thousand hate/racial tweets about Meghan that’s one person out of 38 that takes some doing. The other 37 people made more or less hate tweets.
We’re on about two different things pal.

I’m on about her saying Archie wasn’t selected as a Prince due to racism, in the Oprah interview.

When she would have known none of her kids ever would due to Royal protocol changing a century ago.

I don’t believe for a second she didn’t know that and to claim racism is terrible.

We’re on about two different things pal.

I’m on about her saying Archie wasn’t selected as a Prince due to racism, in the Oprah interview.

When she would have known none of her kids ever would due to Royal protocol changing a century ago.

I don’t believe for a second she didn’t know that and to claim racism is terrible.
Well according to this article, when Oprah asked her was it because of race Meghan didn’t say it was. She said there were “conversations” but actually only mentioned race in relation to the question from an unnamed member of the Royal Family about Archie’s skin colour:

Well according to this article, when Oprah asked her was it because of race Meghan didn’t say it was. She said there were “conversations” but actually only mentioned race in relation to the question from an unnamed member of the Royal Family about Archie’s skin colour:

This is the direct quote from Meghan:

She was clearly upset at the “idea of the first member of colour in this family not being titled in the same way that other grandchildren would be”.
“It’s not their right to take away,” she told Oprah Winfrey.

I don’t believe for a second she actually thought that was the reason. She will have checked whether her children would be Prince or Princesses under Royal protocol well before she did that interview.

This is the direct quote from Meghan:

She was clearly upset at the “idea of the first member of colour in this family not being titled in the same way that other grandchildren would be”.
“It’s not their right to take away,” she told Oprah Winfrey.

I don’t believe for a second she actually thought that was the reason. She will have checked whether her children would be Prince or Princesses under Royal protocol well before she did that interview.
That quote isn’t the same as her saying it was definitely to do with race. And straight after that:

She was asked by Winfrey: “Do you think it’s because of his race?”
Meghan replied: “In those months when I was pregnant, all around this same time, so we [had] the conversation of he won’t be given security, he’s not going to be given a title.
“And, also, concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born.”

So when Oprah asked was it to do with race, please show us all where Meghan said “Yes it was”. You’re literally claiming she said something that she didn’t.

My overall impression almost entirely matches how @gordondaviesmoustache has described his. I'm not saying my reasoning is the same.

Don't mind Harry, have a certain amount of sympathy for him given the position he's been in for 25 years.

Members of the Royal Family seem to need quite thick skins, or to just understand to ignore the tabloid screeching - some will be awful, some lies but that gets lived with, often without comment. It took only 19 months from wedding to the announcement of stepping back from royal life. That seems to be quite a short time to me, especially for something as slow-changing as the Royal Family and I'm not at all surprised that there was resistance. I wouldn't have expected anything but the 'in' or 'out' alternatives that were presented.

Some of the interviews are so polished and one-sided as to be propaganda, just as the now discredited Bashir/Diana one was. That type of thing annoys me, and possibly more so given the complaints about the media. The escape from the royal straitjacket may well be the best thing for Harry and Meghan, but I wish they'd stop telling everyone about how awful it was.

It’s one thing putting up with negative media when it’s just yourself but when they turned on his wife, maybe he decided enough was enough and like any decent husband, took steps to protect her and he decided their only option was to leave the country.

There is certainly a fully mobilised media and social media campaign against her where every perceived and imagined indiscretion is blown up out of all proportion.
If they did the same to Kate there’s be never ending stories about her stalking William at university until she got her claws into him. Whether that’s true or not I don’t know, but I remember it being reported before they got married when the media hadn’t decided about her yet.
Her mother ensured she went to St. Andrews in the first place, precisely to engineer the relationship.
Sadly, William has the same morals and method of treating women as his own father. They are chattels to be used, abused, and disposed of.
Happily, Harry doesn’t have the same characteristics as William’s father.

That quote isn’t the same as her saying it was definitely to do with race. And straight after that:

She was asked by Winfrey: “Do you think it’s because of his race?”
Meghan replied: “In those months when I was pregnant, all around this same time, so we [had] the conversation of he won’t be given security, he’s not going to be given a title.
“And, also, concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born.”

So when Oprah asked was it to do with race, please show us all where Meghan said “Yes it was”. You’re literally claiming she said something that she didn’t.
Let’s break down the quote.

idea of the first member of colour in this family not being titled in the same way that other grandchildren would be”

-
Why bring colour into it?
- What is her motivation for bringing his skin colour into it?
- Archie wasn’t entitled purely because his father wasn’t heir to the throne, William is.

“It’s not their right to take it away”

- Again, there’s no way she didn’t know what George V inplemented nearly a century ago, surely she’d have looked into it prior to marriage?
- She’s insinuating they’ve (the current Royals) have decided to take it off Archie there, they quite blatantly haven’t.

-
In another quote elsewhere, possibly in the very same interview, Harry confirms it wasn’t the Queen, Philip, Charles or William that asked about the colour of Archie’s skin
- So why is she bringing this up in answer to a question about Archie not being given the title? They said it wasn’t a senior Royal, do non-senior Royals have the power to override protocol on who gets to be a Prince?

Your argument seems to be that because she’s not directly called them racist, it doesn’t mean she’s played the race card.

But in a 20 second conversation, on national television, around why Archie wasn’t given the title of Prince, she’s brought up his skin colour twice.

Surely you have to admit she’s at least insinuating that’s why it was “taken away”?

And surely you have to admit that she’s mistaken that it was taken away by the current Royals for any reason?

Her mother ensured she went to St. Andrews in the first place, precisely to engineer the relationship.
Sadly, William has the same morals and method of treating women as his own father. They are chattels to be used, abused, and disposed of.
Happily, Harry doesn’t have the same characteristics as William’s father.
It’s funny how people think any claims against Meghan in the media or on social media are invented but then William’s online are all absolutely true.

Let’s break down the quote.

idea of the first member of colour in this family not being titled in the same way that other grandchildren would be”

-
Why bring colour into it?
- What is her motivation for bringing his skin colour into it?
- Archie wasn’t entitled purely because his father wasn’t heir to the throne, William is.

“It’s not their right to take it away”

- Again, there’s no way she didn’t know what George V inplemented nearly a century ago, surely she’d have looked into it prior to marriage?
- She’s insinuating they’ve (the current Royals) have decided to take it off Archie there, they quite blatantly haven’t.

-
In another quote elsewhere, possibly in the very same interview, Harry confirms it wasn’t the Queen, Philip, Charles or William that asked about the colour of Archie’s skin
- So why is she bringing this up in answer to a question about Archie not being given the title? They said it wasn’t a senior Royal, do non-senior Royals have the power to override protocol on who gets to be a Prince?

Your argument seems to be that because she’s not directly called them racist, it doesn’t mean she’s played the race card.

But in a 20 second conversation, on national television, around why Archie wasn’t given the title of Prince, she’s brought up his skin colour twice.

Surely you have to admit she’s at least insinuating that’s why it was “taken away”?

And surely you have to admit that she’s mistaken that it was taken away by the current Royals for any reason?
No - that's you insinuating why she thought it was taken away. You see - this is typical of this whole discussion about Meghan. Every little thing is being picked up by you haters and twisted to suit an agenda and it's fucking pathetic. She never said that that was the reason why it was taken away and you fucking well know it. What she did say was that someone said something about Archie's skin colour and that incident was something that was witnessed by Harry, not Meghan. So are you going to call Harry a liar and someone who plays the race card too? Or are you just going to reserve that accusation for his wife?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.