The home brew thread

Hi pissers.
I've got all my ingredients now at the ready.
Where do I put the air lock bungy thingamajig ?
There's no hole in the lid of the bucket I purchased!
I did notice a different type of bucket in Wilkos yesterday which had a hole in the cap but misery wouldn't give me any more spends to buy it, cheers.

yeseye said:
Hi pissers.
I've got all my ingredients now at the ready.
Where do I put the air lock bungy thingamajig ?
There's no hole in the lid of the bucket I purchased!
I did notice a different type of bucket in Wilkos yesterday which had a hole in the cap but misery wouldn't give me any more spends to buy it, cheers.
I drilled a hole in the lid myself and also one in the side of the bucket for the spigot. It was a pain the arse!

You don't need an airlock with those fermenters, just don't "click" the lid down

Right, gonna chuck the IPA into the barrel to prime it, then bottle it after this spuds-dippers match.

Been in the fermenter two weeks already so should be fine.

Looking forward to next month at some point to get into the consumption stage.

Opened the fermenter to horrific scenes, mould everywhere!

Least, that''s what I thought, was just floating scum.

Siphoned into the barrel, then into the Tesco water bottles (Thx for the tip Taxi!)

Had a taster, think I will be happy in a months time, will start the Wherry this week.

Arrgh almost finished the wherry....stout kegged...err I batched primed it with molasses.. put coopers ozzy lager in fv tonight..got some strawberrywine started...I better save a bottle of that wherry in case falcao fancies a pint to celebrate signing..cheers all bumble

bumbleblue said:
Arrgh almost finished the wherry....stout kegged...err I batched primed it with molasses.. put coopers ozzy lager in fv tonight..got some strawberrywine started...I better save a bottle of that wherry in case falcao fancies a pint to celebrate signing..cheers all bumble

How the eff do you keep track of all that???

Bilboblue said:
bumbleblue said:

I write it on the calendar..and keep a log of stuff I am doing ..the first thing I do when I get in from work is go and check if the roof is still intact. I am a bit obsessed with this new hobby ..I think ..and am planning to hand some out for crimbo prezzies...

bumbleblue said:
Bilboblue said:
bumbleblue said:

I write it on the calendar..and keep a log of stuff I am doing ..the first thing I do when I get in from work is go and check if the roof is still intact. I am a bit obsessed with this new hobby ..I think ..and am planning to hand some out for crimbo prezzies...

Haha : )

Yep keep full records Bilbo,ingredients methodology temperatures hydrometer readings underbrewed overbrewed additions hopping the dates in and days brewed for,how long bottled and storage methods .. etc etc etc
Cometh the day when you find your holy grail of the brew world then your magic potion can be repeated again and again and again and ... ... .. .

Where is this heatwave.
Couldn't predict a cold the lot of them
As much use as a chocolate fireguard is the common o garden weatherman.
Never improved after Michael Fish and probably never will.
Money for old rope. Its cloudy as fook at 16.19 and showing 17c on the thermometer
Not impressed up to now but it does say tomorrow is going to be absolutely grand and an optimist I am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.