The home brew thread

Crabbers said:
I just tried the first wherry. There are no words.

Try some words....what would you compare it to? I want to know what it is like!

I have one I am cooking this weekend, and ordered another from Wilko's for the £15 !

Oooo crabbers..it's good intit.the wherry..congrats...my stout should be finishing it's second ferment..then I will bang it somewhere cooler to condition ..was gonna save for winter but I can't see it lasting..the wherry has gone down a treat..pear cider still murky..am away this weekend but choices choices...what to do next???

Bilboblue said:
Crabbers said:

I have one I am cooking this weekend, and ordered another from Wilko's for the £15 !
It reminded me a little bit of old speckled hen, in that it has a really distinct malty smell, quite a lot like caramel. It didn't taste as strong as old speckled hen though and was really smooth to drink, slipped down very very easily. My wife doesn't particularly like beer (she hated my Yorkshire bitter I did last month), but even she said she could happily drink the wherry (and not turn it into a shandy this time!)

bumbleblue said:
Oooo crabbers..it's good intit.the wherry..congrats...my stout should be finishing it's second ferment..then I will bang it somewhere cooler to condition ..was gonna save for winter but I can't see it lasting..the wherry has gone down a treat..pear cider still murky..am away this weekend but choices choices...what to do next???
Have you done any lager yet?

Crabbers said:
Bilboblue said:
Crabbers said:

It reminded me a little bit of old speckled hen, in that it has a really distinct malty smell, quite a lot like caramel. It didn't taste as strong as old speckled hen though and was really smooth to drink, slipped down very very easily. My wife doesn't particularly like beer (she hated my Yorkshire bitter I did last month), but even she said she could happily drink the wherry (and not turn it into a shandy this time!)

Bizarrely I am drinking some Old Speckled Hen right now and I like it, so I am sure I will love the Wherry then! Thanks Crabbers :o)

Just tried a bit of the St. Peters IPA I brewed four weeks back.... damn it's good.

Not as light in colour as I expected, but tastes really good.

I'm a happy chappy.

Not had time today to do the Woodies, so will get on to it tomorrow morning, now got 2 of them to start, will pop over to BrewUk Monday to get another fermenter and another IPA kit, either the 7.1%er I put before, or maybe the Youngs American IPA kit which comes in at a mere 6.5% !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.