The home brew thread

Crabbers said:
yeseye said:
Hi pissers.
I've got all my ingredients now at the ready.
Where do I put the air lock bungy thingamajig ?
There's no hole in the lid of the bucket I purchased!
I did notice a different type of bucket in Wilkos yesterday which had a hole in the cap but misery wouldn't give me any more spends to buy it, cheers.
I drilled a hole in the lid myself and also one in the side of the bucket for the spigot. It was a pain the arse!

You an office boy Crabbers? lol

Bilboblue said:
Crabbers said:
yeseye said:
Hi pissers.
I've got all my ingredients now at the ready.
Where do I put the air lock bungy thingamajig ?
There's no hole in the lid of the bucket I purchased!
I did notice a different type of bucket in Wilkos yesterday which had a hole in the cap but misery wouldn't give me any more spends to buy it, cheers.
I drilled a hole in the lid myself and also one in the side of the bucket for the spigot. It was a pain the arse!

You an office boy Crabbers? lol
Haha... Not an office boy, but healthcare professionals aren't always renowned for their diy skills! It was the hole for the spigot that caused issues as I initially made the hole too small (using a flat drill bit) and then had to try and it bigger without causing a split.

Peter Frampton of 'You're the Voice' fame? Not too bad.

Anyone ever tried to do a Coopers Australian IPA? I see the 40 pint mix is a decent price at BrewUk. As I finish at the Salisbury job this week, might get a couple more kits to crack on with soon.

My St. Peter's IPA smells great, and tasted decent when I bottled it, it is however, looking darker than it maybe should be, any idea why?

Love this thread by the way, but going to stick with beer, not really a wine buff.

Going to look to get another load of equipment though, one set is not going to be enough!

Bilboblue said:
Peter Frampton of 'You're the Voice' fame? Not too bad.

Anyone ever tried to do a Coopers Australian IPA? I see the 40 pint mix is a decent price at BrewUk. As I finish at the Salisbury job this week, might get a couple more kits to crack on with soon.

My St. Peter's IPA smells great, and tasted decent when I bottled it, it is however, looking darker than it maybe should be, any idea why?

Love this thread by the way, but going to stick with beer, not really a wine buff.

Going to look to get another load of equipment though, one set is not going to be enough!
Hello pal

Google review saint petes Ipa and you will see a lot of peeps comment on coloration.
Stay with it. I do know that saint petes improves "massively" with time so stay patient and crack a wherry on before it goes back up to £20

I have a beautiful king keg top tap barrel for sale complete with additional taps and a n unopened packet of 10 co2 capsules with plunger.. Any one interested then give me a a bell
Only used three times and totally as new

Cost to buy at the cheapest internet price is £58
Price £35 but only if you mention code ctid at point of purchase which qualifies you for a compulsory free bottle of Barrola red !

Last edited:
Thanks again Taxi. I shouldn't have been so lazy, should have just googled it myself but thanks for answering.

Going to do the Woodefords Wherry tomorrow night, get it in the fermenter, then my next one I think is going to be the Bulldog Evil Dog Double IPA.

Sounds great in the reviews, bit of a headbanger at 7.1% projected but maybe will brew it long.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.brewuk.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=Evil+Dog+Double+IPA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.brewuk.co.uk/catalogsearch/r ... Double+IPA</a>

Pm sent taxi.

Coming to end of wherry...cider just will not clear..stout in barrel..coopers Aussie lager foaming..chardonnay ready to be bottled strawberry wine still fizzing..away for weekend so next brew will have to wait .

I put a muntons lager on 11 days ago and its still bubbling away in the fermenter. Granted its slowed down, but its still bubbling fairly regularly. I did a hydrometer reading on Saturday and it was already reading at around 5%, so who knows how strong this ones going to be! I added 500g light spray malt to the mix so I'm guessing that's the reason for the long primary ferment. I had planned on bottling it this weekend, but I'm thinking it would be better to leave it an extra week to allow the beer to clear up?

mscenterh750 said:
Hello and greetings fellow brewers. My wife put a Chardonnay on last night, and I've just finished making a ruby red ale. Wine is bubbling lovely, and beer is just settling ready for fermentation.

Interested how that turns out fella, please keep us informed, I like the St. Peter's stuff (assuming it is that?)

Didn't do the Woodefords Wherry tonight, will probably put it off til Saturday now.

Bilboblue said:
mscenterh750 said:
Hello and greetings fellow brewers. My wife put a Chardonnay on last night, and I've just finished making a ruby red ale. Wine is bubbling lovely, and beer is just settling ready for fermentation.

Interested how that turns out fella, please keep us informed, I like the St. Peter's stuff (assuming it is that?)

Didn't do the Woodefords Wherry tonight, will probably put it off til Saturday now.
Yes BBB it's the St Peters and am waiting for it to start bubbling, after making at 5pm today. Will keep you informed as to wheat it's like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.