The home brew thread

I'm in the process of my first brew using a can of extract. I'm on day 6 of primary fermentation, I had lots of foaming and bubbles on day 2/3 but since then it's all calmed down, initially I saw this as a problem but after seeking advice it seems it's normal?
I intend to give the beer 10 days in the fermenter before moving it to the pressure keg and adding more sugar etc, could anyone give me some advice or opinions on the process so far?
Thanks in advance.

NorthernBoy said:
I'm in the process of my first brew using a can of extract. I'm on day 6 of primary fermentation, I had lots of foaming and bubbles on day 2/3 but since then it's all calmed down, initially I saw this as a problem but after seeking advice it seems it's normal?
I intend to give the beer 10 days in the fermenter before moving it to the pressure keg and adding more sugar etc, could anyone give me some advice or opinions on the process so far?
Thanks in advance.
Yeh thats pretty normal. Are you putting hops in?

Crabbers said:
NorthernBoy said:
Thanks in advance.
Yeh thats pretty normal. Are you putting hops in?

Cheers mate.
No hops, just the marmite looking stuff then the yeast.

Nipped to sues home brew on Oldham road in Newton heath today, really good home brew store, everything you'd need are in there and all at good competitive prices. Asked Julie a few questions and she was more than happy to answer all the questions I had, so if you're in the area, look the store up.

Bought some lager yeast, LME and a beaver sale borola, £48 in total. Happy days.

TINY said:
Nipped to sues home brew on Oldham road in Newton heath today, really good home brew store, everything you'd need are in there and all at good competitive prices. Asked Julie a few questions and she was more than happy to answer all the questions I had, so if you're in the area, look the store up.

Bought some lager yeast, LME and a beaver sale borola, £48 in total. Happy days.

Beaverdale will heartily impress.
Oak chippings do give it the authenticity it so readily deserves.
Brewed it with them and without for comparison.
We Transfered to secondary and third container and also pre bottling added 75g sugar.
All down to your palate.
Beaverdale operate a very good telephone helpline.
Any questions they are happy to help
Adios Tiny .

Taximania said:
TINY said:

Beaverdale will heartily impress.
Oak chippings do give it the authenticity it so readily deserves.
Brewed it with them and without for comparison.
We Transfered to secondary and third container and also pre bottling added 75g sugar.
All down to your palate.
Beaverdale operate a very good telephone helpline.
Any questions they are happy to help
Adios Tiny .

That's good to know Taxi; Cheers!

You brewed anything up recently? Currently have a lager on the go and awaiting to throw in a calirfornia dry white for the father in law; the poor bastard bought 100 bottle of fancy water, drank some, and bathed in the rest to ensure i had enough bottle for when "ya know, whenever you are making a batch of wine...whenever", i took this as a large hint!

Hope all is well with you mate.

Morning all. How are we all doing? Ive finally run out of beer, and not brewed anything uo for a while (apart from some cider which isnt bottled yet). Am going to be attempting first all grain brew next, just waiting on some equipment. In the meantime its trips to aldi for some wainwrights and hobgoblin at reasonable prices!

Crabbers said:
Morning all. How are we all doing? Ive finally run out of beer, and not brewed anything uo for a while (apart from some cider which isnt bottled yet). Am going to be attempting first all grain brew next, just waiting on some equipment. In the meantime its trips to aldi for some wainwrights and hobgoblin at reasonable prices!

Entering into the world of all grain myself. Ordered and received a bunch of stuff, only thing I'm struggling in is a pot big enough!! Also bought myself a cornelius keg kit, everything ready to receive the beer and carbonate, hopefully, to perfection. I'll always bottle a few each time I brew, however I like the idea of having the beer in one place, and easily dispensable.

Have a wine on the go at the moment, freaky enjoy the fruits of that particular labour. Happy brewing all.

TINY said:
Crabbers said:

Entering into the world of all grain myself. Ordered and received a bunch of stuff, only thing I'm struggling in is a pot big enough!! Also bought myself a cornelius keg kit, everything ready to receive the beer and carbonate, hopefully, to perfection. I'll always bottle a few each time I brew, however I like the idea of having the beer in one place, and easily dispensable.

Have a wine on the go at the moment, freaky enjoy the fruits of that particular labour. Happy brewing all.
I just ordered myself a 40l buffalo boiler. Reduced from 150 to 75 (exc vat) on nisbets.co.uk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.