The home brew thread

I haven't been able to get anything going for a while now as I am working away from home, we were meant to be getting a house rented for us which would have enabled me to get going again but that has fallen through.

Still, hope all your brewing is going well... I may even get a cider going and leave instructions at home to tend to it haha!

Hello all hope quaffing going well. Been mad busy setting up new business...anyway my cider has FINALLY cleared tastes great but was a long old road..Anyone know owt about vegan brews.?? Will update when new brews go on in a couple of weeks..fingers crossed.

bumbleblue said:
Hello all hope quaffing going well. Been mad busy setting up new business...anyway my cider has FINALLY cleared tastes great but was a long old road..Anyone know owt about vegan brews.?? Will update when new brews go on in a couple of weeks..fingers crossed.
How long were you waiting?!

5fbe8d39da1032097f3f43fba0a0adc9.jpg

Shes arrived!

That's a beast! Are you thinking of getting a propane burner for the summer months so you can get it outside?

Its electric so just need to run an extension lead outside. Thermastatic too so should be relatively easy to keep the right temperature during the boil..... And yes.... Its about twice the size i expected it to be!!

Crabbers said:
5fbe8d39da1032097f3f43fba0a0adc9.jpg

Shes arrived!
Ben that is a beast of a tea pot
I am impressed.. What will be your first brew

What about a video outlining or encompassing your first mash
Your other video was top class
And the piccie quality A1

I still say I will do a simple wine video and of that I promise
Its good to put a face to the names so as to speak
Good look in your brewing pal
This year is going to be a real adventure for you.

Bilbo I have your boxed container here ready to go, I wonder how much to post the magnificent beast but then again your away grafting at the moment.
What do you do and where has work taken you.
You still on for Barca mate ?

Tiny hows the Barolla coming along ?
Have you started it ?

Last edited:
Howdo Taxi. Yes it certainly is a beast. Mrs Crabbers is less than impressed mind you. I promised her it wouldn't "get in the way". It seems i lied. I ordered it from nisbet.co.uk for 90 quid and it was originally 190 i think.

Yep am going all grain. I havent decided on the first brew yet....there are just so many options. It will be a golden ale of some sort i imagine. I do intend on producing a video of the first mash, so watch this space!

Taxi, I am but a humble pipefitter, now working in Bristol.

My lad will be up for the Barca game but as it stands I won't be, however if you are driving to the game, I can pass on details so pick up can be arranged?

You have a pm by the way :p

Crabbers said:
bumbleblue said:
How long were you waiting?!
Hi Crabbers...it must be about 9 months getting better by the day..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.