The home support is terrible

A lot of atmosphere threads on this forum , same old shit all the time , yes our home support is crap , but so are 95% of premiership teams (probably palace are the only exceptions , but the novelty will wear off). The new stadiums produce a sanitised atmosphere , you cant swear , curse etc., you have showsec giving the evil eye if you dare to stand up , its does create a nice safe atmosphere for families and customers , totally different from the Maine Rd. days.
It would be great to get a hardcore singing section, behind one of the goals , definitely worth a try .The game is now run by accountants , predicting how much money per head they can make from customers , on their matchday experience ,promoting the brand , and whoring our football shirt around the world for sponsors , to generate as much income as possible. That is the price of watching some of the best footballers in the world , we now watch Aguero and Silva instead of Barney Daniels and Andy May , like it or lump it.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
A lot of atmosphere threads on this forum , same old shit all the time , yes our home support is crap , but so are 95% of premiership teams (probably palace are the only exceptions , but the novelty will wear off). The new stadiums produce a sanitised atmosphere , you cant swear , curse etc., you have showsec giving the evil eye if you dare to stand up , its does create a nice safe atmosphere for families and customers , totally different from the Maine Rd. days.
It would be great to get a hardcore singing section, behind one of the goals , definitely worth a try .The game is now run by accountants , predicting how much money per head they can make from customers , on their matchday experience ,promoting the brand , and whoring our football shirt around the world for sponsors , to generate as much income as possible. That is the price of watching some of the best footballers in the world , we now watch Aguero and Silva instead of Barney Daniels and Andy May , like it or lump it.

A great attitude to hold. And exactly why clubs treat fan's the way they do.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Name a ground where the atmosphere is rocking from kick off to final whistle. There isn't one or at least not one I've ever been to. As others have said, Maine Road could be quiet as a graveyard if the game was dull, even with 20,000 standing on the Kippax. It's virtually all about what happens on the pitch. Always has been and always will be.
Palace?

Scottyboi said:
The fan's changed ever since the aguero moment, it was such a high nothing compares.

Still plenty to aim for, never won the champions league yet, winning a treble, winning the big one a quadruple, catching up with other clubs league winners hauls.

The Aguero moment was fantastic , but still plenty to aim for.

Manchester33 said:
I'd just like to point out to everyone who's complaining about the atmosphere at our home games on this thread, that there is a singing block next season which should hopefully improve the atmosphere.

HOWEVER, there are a lot of people on here who complain about the atmosphere after every game, but haven't signed up to be in the block next season. If you want it to change YOU have to do something about it. YOU have to either start the songs off or join in with them! We have too many people on here that moan about things without doing anything about it and that's why our atmosphere is shit. It's not because off these evil middleclass fans, or the people who can only make one game a season, or the people who bring their family now.... it's the people that used to sing who have stopped because they are so precious about some fat bloke behind them's opinion on their singing voice, so just get some balls and sing/shout/boo/whistle until your heart's content OR join the block! That is the only way it will get better!

If that's too much to ask for you, then don't complain about the atmosphere ever again - you've got your chance to try and improve things.
spot on ,any more debate is futile,either put up or shut up,

deafmanstevo said:
Scottyboi said:
The fan's changed ever since the aguero moment, it was such a high nothing compares.

Still plenty to aim for, never won the champions league yet, winning a treble, winning the big one a quadruple, catching up with other clubs league winners hauls.

The Aguero moment was fantastic , but still plenty to aim for.

You could feel it in the stands the season after. instead of going ballistic when we scored it changed into a cheer and a clap. Expectations and bigger rivalries stop us enjoying the other parts of the game It's become very serious. I think the media attention play's a big part.

I'll always go the games as its instilled in my DNA BUT I have to got to the stage where I have completely lost the buzz. At Maine Road and up until a couple of seasons ago, we had at least 10 lads for each home game and went either town or Ashton. The numbers have now dwindled and no one is really up for a pre match jaunt around town anymore. I generally drive to games now and look forward to getting back home to see my kids. With me working away through the week I want to spend as much time with the family as possible at weekends so in my case priorities have changed.

Beside that society in general has changed, pubs are empty people are happy to spend money on cheap beer from the supermarket and watch the footie in the comfort of there home. Its a harsh reality. I think you will find most fans will have the same problems at there clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.