The home support is terrible

Pezzer2 said:
I'll always go the games as its instilled in my DNA BUT I have to got to the stage where I have completely lost the buzz. At Maine Road and up until a couple of seasons ago, we had at least 10 lads for each home game and went either town or Ashton. The numbers have now dwindled and no one is really up for a pre match jaunt around town anymore. I generally drive to games now and look forward to getting back home to see my kids. With me working away through the week I want to spend as much time with the family as possible at weekends so in my case priorities have changed.

Beside that society in general has changed, pubs are empty people are happy to spend money on cheap beer from the supermarket and watch the footie in the comfort of there home. Its a harsh reality. I think you will find most fans will have the same problems at there clubs

It juste sounds like your getting older tbh

To me it's quite simple, for the last few seasons save from the odd blip it's been a pleasure to watch us, we just turned up and expected us to beat nearly every team that came to us, but we have turned to crap over the last few games, and it feeds back to the crowd, we just can not beleive what we are seeing

Ducado said:
To me it's quite simple, for the last few seasons save from the odd blip it's been a pleasure to watch us, we just turned up and expected us to beat nearly every team that came to us, but we have turned to crap over the last few games, and it feeds back to the crowd, we just can not beleive what we are seeing

Nail on head. The atmosphere last season when we were beating arsenal 6-3, spurs 6-0 etc was fantastic as much for the quality of football as the wins! The standard of football this season has been turgid and its been a real poor season for quality and we have blagged alot of our wins. The squad needs overhauled big time in the summer.

Most match going fans I know including those at other clubs say the same, a large chunk of home matches the atmospheres crap and it is almost a chore going at times. If I didn't need it for aways and cup matches I'd consider sacking my season ticket off and just pick and choose the games which I'll enjoy. Should be the most enjoyable time to be a blue with the quality on the pitch, football in general though has sold it's soul and what it was we all loved is gradually being drained away.

Let's face it, from top to bottom the games purely about making as much money as possible now and we are all just customers.

The atmosphere is crap & so are most, but ours is becoming crappier than most.

There are lots of older fans who don't perhaps sing as much as they should & few of us start songs up when we should probably try.
But it's the undercurrent of nastiness towards our own players that I can't he doing with. It's one thing being quiet but another being amongst a load of people being horrible to their individual pet hate players, many of whom are champions. It's is awful.

Plenty put the effort into whinging but not the same effort into singing or supporting. If you can shout abuse, you can shout encouragement, end of.

I thought all that would go, but it hasn't. We have pretty much nothing to complain about, even if we don't win a trophy but there are thousands of people whinging like fuck at the team.

It's all about the price.

You need groups of mates 18-35 to make the noise. A group of young lads aren't going to fork out 46 quid 6 weeks in advance for Hull City, they are all sat in the pub on Saturdays watching Jeff steling instead.

Ennis said:

You need groups of mates 18-35 to make the noise. A group of young lads aren't going to fork out 46 quid 6 weeks in advance for Hull City, they are all sat in the pub on Saturdays watching Jeff steling instead.

There are plenty of groups of lads in that age group at every game, people seem to forget that the majority of the match day crowd are season ticket holders so price does not really come into it

Ducado said:
Ennis said:

There are plenty of groups of lads in that age group at every game, people seem to forget that the majority of the match day crowd are season ticket holders so price does not really come into it

I don't know about you Ducs but I pay for my SC's and price certainly does come into it.....

Davs 19 said:
Ducado said:
Ennis said:

I don't know about you Ducs but I pay for my SC's and price certainly does come into it.....

Yes but you have paid for it up front and are not having to stump up nearly £50 every couple of weeks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.