The home support is terrible

UP Untill 5 years ago for the last 30 years or so we had Jack shit to sing about but we managed to have some good atmoshperes & some crap ones just like now . difference alot of people are going to watch City because they can. not because they are supporters .dozens i know no longer go for a variety of reasons & at £46 -£58 a pop they wont be going in the near future .16 year olds who arnt working cant afford to regularly go to the games.

Blue Mooner said:
Sorry, this thread is just full of piss poor excuses. Reading this thread you'd think we'd been watching a team that was fighting relegation. We're second in the league ffs, we've played chelsea off the park in two games and but for some bent refereeing and a slice of luck would have won both.

As good as last season, no, but then last season we were absolutely phenomenal.

Our atmosphere is absolutely woeful, we expect the players to come out full of gusto and passion and yet the fans show none. I could live with the poor atmosphere, if we're being honest that is the case at most prem grounds, albeit I don't know why we can't choose to be different. What I absolutely despise amongst our fans is the hate filled bile thrown at some of our players.

Navas this season, moaned at like hell, pellers responds by not playing him then fans come on and complain about no width. Fans complain about his crossing and yet invariably he's aiming for one striker amongst 4/5 defending players.

It's time we fans took a look in the mirror, stop complaining about the price as if that has some impact on your ability to get behind the team, it's proven time and time and time again that vocal support can spur a team on, with this knowledge why the hell don't fans turn up with some fire and passion in their belly?

I tell you even more frustrating is when you get back in your car and hear fans screaming down the line with passion about this that and the other that wasn't right, this decision of the manager was wrong and I sit there scratching my head thinking of only that passion was directed in support of the team at the match we'd be formidable.

I believe I can hold my head up high, I 'support' the team irrespective of what is going on on the pitch, I do so because I want to contribute to the atmosphere, I want to create the conditions that make it difficult for the opposition but that helps and lifts our players. The question I would ask fellow blue mooners is can you hold your head up high in the way you support the team? If not you're a hypocrite to jump on here and bemoan a lack of effort by the players.

It's time to stop the talking and as a fan take responsibility for supporting the team. Imo of course.

Good post. I might not have put it quite so bluntly as that but I agree with the general sentiment. I think there are enough people in the ground willing to generate a good atmosphere but they're all dotted about. However, next season it ought to be much better when we get our own section of pure singers which should hopefully help the songs spread a lot better and then we might just see even the occasional singers join in more.

On a pro rata basis, again there was far more atmosphere at the EDS game on Saturday with just 15 or 20 going at it for the full 90 minutes so multiply those numbers by 30 or 40 and it's a good starting point on the road to making things better.

to OP did u not see it coming,obviously with success brings all the johnny come latelys who in all honesty were probabaly rags 4 yrs ago and look at there atmosphere,it will only get worse

I think everyone has to admit that our support has suffered ever since we moved to the new stadium. Yes we get maximum attendances most games but so we should now we are a top club in Europe. Back since the move though and through to 2007 our average attendance was at times 10k below capacity. I don't think those 10k have ever been replaced by the same people who had ST's at Maine Road but instead they have been replaced with a new generation of fans who yes are city fans but they aren't going to be pissed out of their tree singing. I don't think having any number of singer sections, cheaper tickets or anything similar will make the atmosphere any better, it will just allow a greater number of disgruntled fans in moaning about being 2nd to Chelsea.

You have to remember there has also been a big shift in top flight football away from the all dayer singing lads day out type football to more family oriented days out. This is because lads on the razzle don't bring in a lot of money but charging a family of 4 over the odds to buy a pint, pie, some sweets and hopefully a splurge in the club shop will. It also isn't the 'cool' thing to do nowadays, a growing amount of young people just aren't working a 5 day week and then looking forward to getting on the beer all day before watching a match.

This is just the way it is and the way it is going and our success has little to do with it but rather just the way football is going.

M18CTID said:
Blue Mooner said:
Sorry, this thread is just full of piss poor excuses. Reading this thread you'd think we'd been watching a team that was fighting relegation. We're second in the league ffs, we've played chelsea off the park in two games and but for some bent refereeing and a slice of luck would have won both.

As good as last season, no, but then last season we were absolutely phenomenal.

Our atmosphere is absolutely woeful, we expect the players to come out full of gusto and passion and yet the fans show none. I could live with the poor atmosphere, if we're being honest that is the case at most prem grounds, albeit I don't know why we can't choose to be different. What I absolutely despise amongst our fans is the hate filled bile thrown at some of our players.

Navas this season, moaned at like hell, pellers responds by not playing him then fans come on and complain about no width. Fans complain about his crossing and yet invariably he's aiming for one striker amongst 4/5 defending players.

It's time we fans took a look in the mirror, stop complaining about the price as if that has some impact on your ability to get behind the team, it's proven time and time and time again that vocal support can spur a team on, with this knowledge why the hell don't fans turn up with some fire and passion in their belly?

I tell you even more frustrating is when you get back in your car and hear fans screaming down the line with passion about this that and the other that wasn't right, this decision of the manager was wrong and I sit there scratching my head thinking of only that passion was directed in support of the team at the match we'd be formidable.

I believe I can hold my head up high, I 'support' the team irrespective of what is going on on the pitch, I do so because I want to contribute to the atmosphere, I want to create the conditions that make it difficult for the opposition but that helps and lifts our players. The question I would ask fellow blue mooners is can you hold your head up high in the way you support the team? If not you're a hypocrite to jump on here and bemoan a lack of effort by the players.

It's time to stop the talking and as a fan take responsibility for supporting the team. Imo of course.

Good post. I might not have put it quite so bluntly as that but I agree with the general sentiment. I think there are enough people in the ground willing to generate a good atmosphere but they're all dotted about. However, next season it ought to be much better when we get our own section of pure singers which should hopefully help the songs spread a lot better and then we might just see even the occasional singers join in more.

On a pro rata basis, again there was far more atmosphere at the EDS game on Saturday with just 15 or 20 going at it for the full 90 minutes so multiply those numbers by 30 or 40 and it's a good starting point on the road to making things better.

I completely agree with this and you can’t just blame it on people who started watching in the last few years. Many of the people in my block have been there for a decade or more and there are still recognisable faces from Maine Road. The abuse heaped on the players when we don’t just turn up an win is pathetic.

The players and management and owners must think we’re fickle, hypocritical, self-entitled idiots. All but 3 or 4 home games a year are played in stony silence and when we win everyone fucks off home early rather than hanging around to celebrate or applaud yet the fans accuse the players of not giving a shit. Woe betide any player who suffers a loss of form or confidence as within two or three games he’ll be a lazy twat.

We complain that the owners treat the supporters like consumers whose commercial potential can be exploited to the maximum but what else are they supposed to think? It’s not like the Etihad is a cauldron of noise and passion, willing our players on whatever the circumstances.

On Saturday Kompany was called a c*nt, and Pellegrini got booed by people around me who used to watch fucking Dabo and Pearce. The team that got us relegated in 1998 was better supported than the current lot.

inbetween said:
I think everyone has to admit that our support has suffered ever since we moved to the new stadium. Yes we get maximum attendances most games but so we should now we are a top club in Europe. Back since the move though and through to 2007 our average attendance was at times 10k below capacity. I don't think those 10k have ever been replaced by the same people who had ST's at Maine Road but instead they have been replaced with a new generation of fans who yes are city fans but they aren't going to be pissed out of their tree singing. I don't think having any number of singer sections, cheaper tickets or anything similar will make the atmosphere any better, it will just allow a greater number of disgruntled fans in moaning about being 2nd to Chelsea.

You have to remember there has also been a big shift in top flight football away from the all dayer singing lads day out type football to more family oriented days out. This is because lads on the razzle don't bring in a lot of money but charging a family of 4 over the odds to buy a pint, pie, some sweets and hopefully a splurge in the club shop will. It also isn't the 'cool' thing to do nowadays, a growing amount of young people just aren't working a 5 day week and then looking forward to getting on the beer all day before watching a match.

This is just the way it is and the way it is going and our success has little to do with it but rather just the way football is going.

Wtf are you on about, we have never averaged 10k less than the capacity, the lowest it's been was the Pearce season where we ended up with an average of 39/40k from a possible of 47,500. Other than that season it's been mostly between 42-47k since moving.

We left Maine Road because it was falling to pieces and we were too big or it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.