The home support is terrible

blueinsa said:
Reduce the ticket prices for the working man and entice noisy and vociferous away supports again and the atmosphere will return.

Its football, not the theatre!

This^^^. .Reduce ticket prices.
and I think it is in City's hands.The 1894 group are doing a great job - but the Family end is too big. Evening games during school time many seats are empty. So I would (if I could) sell season tickets (all seats) in the North Stand at £300.(no guarantee of a seat number)first in gets a seat)many are stood up anyway - and pay at the gate on the day/night. For example - The Holt end is all for Villa fans.
Again it won't happen BUT move all Family to South Stand and away support up to East stand 3rd level.
Look into the idea of "standing seats" - If the government can be persuaded.
The club are increasing the Corporate capacity as the Stadium expands so it must try to help "poorer"(termed working class) fans back to "football as it was".

Its got nothing to do with cost. The cup games cost buttons yet the atmosphere at those games are even worse.

In my opinion the reason the atmosphere is shite and has been all season is the slow dull style of play and lack of emotion amongst the players and manager, which has spread to the stands. Its no coincidence that we aren't getting pens and have outrageous free kick stats against us when the ground is silent and the players do not appeal any poor decisions or show any passion or aggression in games.

The home games have on the whole been painful this season. The atmosphere has been a joke and it won't get better any time soon.

Prophet of Doom said:
Its got nothing to do with cost. The cup games cost buttons yet the atmosphere at those games are even worse.

In my opinion the reason the atmosphere is shite and has been all season is the slow dull style of play and lack of emotion amongst the players and manager, which has spread to the stands. Its no coincidence that we aren't getting pens and have outrageous free kick stats against us when the ground is silent and the players do not appeal any poor decisions or show any passion or aggression in games.

The home games have on the whole been painful this season. The atmosphere has been a joke and it won't get better any time soon.

The cup games were catered to families not young lads. ( there is nowhere to stand or congregate for singers, and cup games like newcasdtle where the south stand is full of kids and families isn't gonna help ) We were brilliant last year and the atmosphere was shit so I'm not having tis the style of play. We used to be terrible and the noise was amazing.

the price, no standing sections are the biggest factors imo

Partly I think it's the way all teams set up to play us at the Etihad, park the bus and try and hit us on the break or from set pieces. We have loads of possession against a 10 man defence, slow noodling with nothing much happening yet we look strangely vulnerable when our possession breaks down. It isn't exciting football and I feel worried that we are going to get caught with a stupid breakaway goal. Can't feel relaxed, feel frustrated that we can't score. Managers admit that they try and frustrate us to keep the crowd quiet, well now the formula is so ingrained it starts from the first minute.

I actually think the home form is so poor because if we haven't scored three times in the first 10 minutes the crowd starts to turn on the players. Away side know that now, park the bus and try to nick one on the break. We have dropped points to Hull, Burnley and Stoke at home this season which were all games we should have won. I doubt if any of those teams had any more than 35% possession yet we have dropped seven points against them. For the rest of the season and moving forward the crowd should be up for it from the word go and not let the noise levels drop irrespective of the score, Get behind the boys and make the place intimidating for the opposition not for us.

malg said:
dobobobo said:
HorlocksWalk said:
How about having an area where the bars are that gives you a decent view of the pitch?

Clubs aren't allowed to do this.
Exec boxes?

Exec boxes cannot sell alcohol during a match (except for half time) and you are not allowed to have alcohol anywhere that is in sight of the pitch. Do you remember the furore when fat boy Ashley was pictured with a pint in his hand ? (By rights he should have been banned for 3 years !!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.