The home support is terrible

bluemoon27 said:
to OP did u not see it coming,obviously with success brings all the johnny come latelys who in all honesty were probabaly rags 4 yrs ago and look at there atmosphere,it will only get worse

Don't blame the JCLs, The regular fans that were there 4 years ago are still here, The stadium isn't big enough for there to be many new fans in there and you can't expect the one that are new to be the ones to create the atmosphere. We will see an improvement next year hopefully. with the 1894 blocks, but if there isn't then it will be the older fans responsible not the JCL' s. After all we were all new fans once and learned to join in with the old regulars.

Reduce the ticket prices for the working man and entice noisy and vociferous away supports again and the atmosphere will return.

Its football, not the theatre!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Listening to the Liverpool v Spurs game last night and the fans were singing loudly after the final whistle. Our stadium would have been half empty by the time the whistle went.

Was like a morgue at 2 all though. It's a modern football problem and will continue until cheaper tickets/safe standing become available hopefully the section the 1894 group are putting together will make a difference.

blueinsa said:
Reduce the ticket prices for the working man and entice noisy and vociferous away supports again and the atmosphere will return.

I'd agree with that, except my point above is even with reduced prices and an expanded stadium the majority of fans in the stadium will be the ones that are in there now. There will only be room for a big influx of new fans when the North stand is done.
We're the one that can change it we shouldn't sit back waiting for new fans to do it for us. Though to be fair 1894 are making that effort trying to get willing fans all in the same area.

blueparrot said:
blueinsa said:

I'd agree with that, except my point above is even with reduced prices and an expanded stadium the majority of fans in the stadium will be the ones that are in there now. There will only be room for a big influx of new fans when the North stand is done.
We're the one that can change it we shouldn't sit back waiting for new fans to do it for us. Though to be fair 1894 are making that effort trying to get willing fans all in the same area.

The vast majority of old school blues are now sat there having crap music blasted into their fucking ears and countless other shite gimmicks instead of being allowed to have a good old fashioned sing song and banter with away fans.

Fuck me you look at a steward wrong these days and they want you out!

Its become sterile for so many.

The game has priced out an entire generation, who have cheaper things to occupy their time.

City's support has the added problem of getting old together, wherein, even 40-year-old's such as myself are the absolute tail end of a support previously weaned on tales of yesteryear.

city won't be happy until there are no away fans at the Etihad, how can it be the best league in the world, yet a team down the m62 cannot sell 3 piddling little blocks, traditionally well supported team teams like Newcastle and sunderland struggle to sell 1700, it all adds to the sterile environment, but then in typical city fashion when it comes to cup ties, we uproot our "singers" and hand over the whole end and the initiative to the away team.

When people come on here & complain about being bored watching the team, as an excuse for the lack of atmosphere, it really just highlights the problem imo.

It was more exciting watching Richard Jobson lump the ball towards Paul Dickov & some huge bruiser head it back ? Presumably because Paul would run, with his little legs, & try dead hard to jump in, as the ball was headed back 40 yards.

If you are reading this, & you thought that was more entertaining, thus you were more likely to support the team, it's time you jacked it in.

It's only going to get worse, with more 'football' played in the future. Even the kids play 'football' now. There is no end to it.

Ah but of course if we score & win, then perhaps that is actually entertaining & you can give it a quick 'Blue Moon' before you fuck off ten mins before the end.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The game has priced out an entire generation, who have cheaper things to occupy their time.

City's support has the added problem of getting old together, wherein, even 40-year-old's such as myself are the absolute tail end of a support previously weaned on tales of yesteryear.

This. We have a missing generation between 15 and 35 and its this age group that make all the noise. It will change (you can see it now) but it might take a few years of success yet.

We were saved just in time by Abu Dhabi or our loyal support would have been popping clogs faster than they were replaced by youngsters.

Blame years of failure coinciding with rags' success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.