The home support is terrible

too many nobs just go to be pissed off,not on about jcl's either,these nobs never have anything constructive to say and you could write on the back of a stamp(and still have room)what they know about the game

Saw a lot of fans who go in Mary Ds last night .
Got to say I prefer City playing away than at home these days .
The away support last night was 1st class last night .
Plus i didn't see any of those daft half an half scarves .

baildon blue said:
twats with half and half scarves should receive a 3 match ban if they attempt to enter the stadium....

Of the 45-47000 atendances we have, how many are genuine City supporters who are there to support the team.

I have watched from most areas of the ground (not L3 coz I wouldn't see), but ,most games I get to, there are an awful lot of "tourist fans" more concerned with getting the best selfie and how they look to their mates, totally ignoring what's going on on the pitch.

I know and appreciate they generate the revenue and the club doesn't discriminate betwen fans, but I don't hear any tourist fans singing along.

Probably most teams have this

baildon blue said:

Thing is, nearly every one of those fans will be at the Etihad in a week and half and the atmosphere will be non-existent. Away dayers at every club are proof there could be home atmospheres at any stadium if the clubs did a bit more to create the conditions.

Block 115 is the chance because if that functions as a persistent singing block, think of the domino effect it could have in the South Stand.

So how many of the away dayers are moving to 115? Assuming they aren't already in one of the singing areas. It's a challenge to leave a comfort zone, where you're sat amongst people you know, but here is a good chance to create an away day atmosphere every week.

Of last update (February 6th), 1894 said 200 of the 700 who had registered interest had committed to the new block. A fair few more now I'm guessing. membership1894group@yahoo.co.uk

mosssideblue said:
Of the 45-47000 atendances we have, how many are genuine City supporters who are there to support the team.

I have watched from most areas of the ground (not L3 coz I wouldn't see), but ,most games I get to, there are an awful lot of "tourist fans" more concerned with getting the best selfie and how they look to their mates, totally ignoring what's going on on the pitch.

I know and appreciate they generate the revenue and the club doesn't discriminate betwen fans, but I don't hear any tourist fans singing along.

37 to 38000 seasoncard holders, the majority of whom are long standing

mosssideblue said:

What's your name Hans Christian Andersen? Because like the aforementioned you are good at spinning yarns, 90% (if not more) will be genuine blues, sure we get a few tourists (I don't have a problem with them) but the operative word is a few

There is no easy answer with regards to the atmosphere, sometimes it's there (Derby games etc) sometimes it's not but coming up with the tourist myth is just far to easy for most people

Ducado said:
mosssideblue said:

What's your name Hans Christian Andersen? Because like the aforementioned you are good at spinning yarns, 90% (if not more) will be genuine blues, sure we get a few tourists (I don't have a problem with them) but the operative word is a few

There is no easy answer with regards to the atmosphere, sometimes it's there (Derby games etc) sometimes it's not but coming up with the tourist myth is just far to easy for most people
I agree ,its just that a myth,its been the same local people around me for the last ten years ,and sometimes like against hull ,you don't hear a peep out of us ,that's nothing to do with tourists , ,we must stop looking for excuses and each and every one of us who are concerned about atsmosphere , make a little more effort

Prophet of Doom said:
Its got nothing to do with cost. The cup games cost buttons yet the atmosphere at those games are even worse.

In my opinion the reason the atmosphere is shite and has been all season is the slow dull style of play and lack of emotion amongst the players and manager, which has spread to the stands. Its no coincidence that we aren't getting pens and have outrageous free kick stats against us when the ground is silent and the players do not appeal any poor decisions or show any passion or aggression in games.

The home games have on the whole been painful this season. The atmosphere has been a joke and it won't get better any time soon.

With cup games there are more families rather than groups of you but lads grouped together, and also singers will be spread out all over the ground. As for us playing a dull style of football, it was a joy watching us play last season yet the atmosphere wasn't that great, except for when we played the rags, gooners and spuds, plus dortmund are playing shit this season yet they have a great atmosphere. I agree with what someone said earlier, bring back safe standing and cheaper tickets, relocate the family stand (presumably when the nsl3 is expanded) and relocate away fans. This will never happen though unfortunately

Go onto rawk ,red cafe and every other football forum you can think of and every single one has exactly the same debate going on .
Its not a city problem its a football problem,the sooner people realise what ever plan they come up with the old days are gone and arnt coming back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.