The Labour Government

I see some people are moaning, not even 48 hrs in office yet.

Suppose it’s just a coping mechanism.
Sore losers. I'm surprised no one has taken a picture of lorries queuing at Dover and blamed Starmer yet.

Generally much of the country was in a poor state, mostly through Tory mismanagement.

I hope Labour can get more police onto the streets and negotiate better trade deals as well as increasing our armed forces in an unstable world, but it’s a lot to ask with limited funds.

Personally I’m hoping they do not impose non-dom tax otherwise I’ll be paying about 30k a year in tax. Seriously will have to consider moving abroad if this happens.

412 MPs and none of them suitable for these non-great offices of state?

Sorry but this is ridiculous. There’s some junior minister positions that have absolutely always been more suitable to be held by non MPs if those individuals are willing to serve.

You’re just looking for a gotcha and went with the wrong example with Cameron. The better example which would have shown you it’s not a gotcha would have been Johnson bringing in Lord Grimstone or when Brown and then Cameron brought in several economics and finance experts as ministers after the financial crash. Even Johnson doing it with Nicky Powell as a former MP, I don’t remember any criticism for.

None of them got criticised for it as it’s something that’s always been done. Appointing someone to a great office of state that needs to be ennobled to do it is something that happens once in a blue moon and only in times of desperation with the parliamentary party.

Criticising these appointments is done by either partisan political commentators/supporters or people that don’t really follow politics and the projection suggests more the former.

I really don’t get it, not everyone is blindly a supporter of a political party, some people just aren’t idiots and will hold them to account when they deserve it and are still capable of applying rational thought. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of opportunity for that over the next five years. For everyone’s sake, I hope there’s less than there has been for the last decade though.

Are they MP's?

I didn't judge the decision I just confirmed that when the Tories did a similar thing they got shit for it, you'll never see the comparison because you're an ideologue so it's a bit like talking to a badly drawn wall.
MPs (no apostrophe).

Are they MP's?

I didn't judge the decision I just confirmed that when the Tories did a similar thing they got shit for it, you'll never see the comparison because you're an ideologue so it's a bit like talking to a badly drawn wall.

Or he’s just not a moron as the tories didn’t get any shit whatsoever for it. The comparables not Cameron.

Generally much of the country was in a poor state, mostly through Tory mismanagement.

I hope Labour can get more police onto the streets and negotiate better trade deals as well as increasing our armed forces in an unstable world, but it’s a lot to ask with limited funds.

Personally I’m hoping they do not impose non-dom tax otherwise I’ll be paying about 30k a year in tax. Seriously will have to consider moving abroad if this happens.

Good bye.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.