The Labour Government

Competing with other international businesses where 15% is paid. Our balance of payments is chronically negative, so we need more exports. Upping the tax rate and, therefore, the prices is not a good idea.
Fair point, just seems unjust when the smaller business are paying 10 and 25% more.

The problem is you think 80k wages and half million pound plus houses are somewhat normal and I don't. So imho your definition of wealthy is out of whack with mine.

You may be wealthy and if so good luck to you.

TBF average salaries in manchester are £36.6k, two earners that’s £73.2k on average. So £80k is not far off “normal”. Assuming he meant household income rather than individuals, in fact an individual earning £80k would take home less than 2 people earning the average wage of £36.6k (by £250 a month).

Back to the WFA;
Should the 35,000 coffin dodgers living abroad be allowed to keep their allowance (enshrined in brexit law) ??

That’s a hard one, on the surface you’d think not but my in laws retired to Turkey to make what little money they had go further. House was cold in the winter. Ended up being a disaster and they back in UK but that’s another story.

I was only teasing about the helicopters, but what you described doesn't reflect the charity sector I know, and it's a shame it's coloured your view for all this time.

Places dealing with second hand clothes and shoes will make money because people give them things for free, which they can then sell, or give away. They want clothes that are clean, or freshly washed, because for a lot it's not financially worth it top get the clothes cleaned and still sell them.

Half the people doing these collections will be volunteers (which is likely with the Age Concern women). Managing a shop for Age UK pays only just above minimum wage, and they pay advice workers maybe 25k. You may well have been identified as a high net worth individual so got a bit of a sales pitch, but even so, it's probably a coincidence that you met a couple of people driving nice cars. I just can't imagine the kind of positions in those charities that would have come with a car like that, or would have paid anything like a big salary, unless you're talking senior management at the head office (remember these are huge organisations, managing thousands of staff members, and working across multiple countries, so the senior management may well be reasonably well paid - although nothing in comparison to equivalent private sector jobs).

The bit of effort is also asking someone to spend money on what isn't exactly a high margin business. Going into a building where the previous owners have abandoned stock and equipment isn't something they would usually do, and if you're not set up it's likely to fail either a value for money test, a risk assessment, or both.

Most charities rely on volunteers, or staff being paid well below private sector rates, and, far from being scams, the vast majority will have an economic impact well beyond the donations they receive.
That's all a fair comment and I can't disagree with you. All I was pointing out was that I tried to do (what I thought was a good deed rather than just bin them all) and it was chucked back at me by the charities. I have pointed out that the vast majority of the shoes were new in packaging so it would have required minimal effort on the charities part.

It's funny that I am being slated by Mr Gobby and co for trying to give something away. Had I just binned all those shoes their reaction would have been something along the lines of "that's just selfish, why didn't you give them to charity so someone who needed them could benefit" :D

Back to the WFA;
Should the 35,000 coffin dodgers living abroad be allowed to keep their allowance (enshrined in brexit law) ??
Hey the likes of me will be getting no more than 7/8k a year if I'm lucky.
We're not all baby fucking boomers with huge pensions))
This is all about fairness
Makes me laugh when I hear 35k just banded about like it's fucking loose change.

"You total muppet" is a friendly dig mate. It's not exactly calling you a ****, is it. And really the 10m comment, do I have to justify every syllable? Do you not realise how ironic it is that you yourself say you use exaggeration to make a point, and then pick me up on a throw-away line about 5m or 10m people? It just makes you look silly, IMO.
No cause your 10m wasn't in reply to hyperbole. It wasn't an extreme to show how daft the opposite view is. You made up a high unsubstantiated figure to boost your argument. Dishonest. I'm insulted you even tried this with me:-).

Muppet **** thick it doesn't really matter we've been here long enough. I may agree with you tomorrow on summat else
We are adult enough to roll with it.

Twat:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.