The Labour Government

TBF average salaries in manchester are £36.6k, two earners that’s £73.2k on average. So £80k is not far off “normal”. Assuming he meant household income rather than individuals, in fact an individual earning £80k would take home less than 2 people earning the average wage of £36.6k (by £250 a month).

No one said anything about couples tbf and average wage numbers need a large pinch of salt. They are artificially high due to big earners. A quick glance at job sites proves this point I feel.

Deary me. I didn't say it was "normal", i gave you the stats to show it's not uncommon. As I said, 12% of the population earn more than £80k per year as of 2022, and it's therefore higher than that today. £80k is not so much these days. I know plumbers who probably make near that amount. The last plumber who came to my house and did a totally shit job btw - drove an Aston Martin!

And a large number of people own a house worth £500k+.

These financial figures are not "opinions" they are facts.

10 million people you said, you're a trier i will give you that.

It pisses me off enough that the UK, which accounts for 2% of global CO2 emmissions, should be hell bent on ludicrous net zero targets which will make absolutely FUCK ALL difference to climate change. And then I find that we are giving several billion of our own money to other countries, to help them with their own cimate change initiatives???!?!

Tough choices? Yeah right.
you just said in the previous sentence that it will make 2% difference, so which is it?

Deary me. I didn't say it was "normal", i gave you the stats to show it's not uncommon. As I said, 12% of the population earn more than £80k per year as of 2022, and it's therefore higher than that today. £80k is not so much these days. I know plumbers who probably make near that amount. The last plumber who came to my house and did a totally shit job btw - drove an Aston Martin!

And a large number of people own a house worth £500k+.

These financial figures are not "opinions" they are facts.
The going rate for skilled workers is more lucrative now than anytime I can remember. My mates lad is a joiner and earns £25 an hour from the company he works for, a grand a week, my last job in 2012 before I went self employed earned me £40k per year plus car for running a £15m a year business (installing Epos and Data systems in Betting Shops and Building Societies). I'd worked very hard to get to that position often doing 50 plus hours per week. A lad I know is a bricklayer, he charges £300 for a 7 hour day and his "hod carrier" is on £170 a day so you're correct there's many more workers earning near the £80k mark than just a few years ago.

I've been retired for two years now and the way the cost of living is going I may have to get a part time job as only a small part of my pension increased annually and at only 3%. It's an old scheme managed by Aviva.

I'm also a few months of the State pension so I've burned through a few quid in the last two years, this was budgeted for when I retired but straight away because Mrs H is already receiving her state pension we've lost the WFA, we can cope but how much worse is the economy going to get and I wonder how two tier Keir will raise the funds without taxing the working class to the hilt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.