The Labour Government

Out of the frying pan....

There is no doubt this country is in a shit state and this is in no small way down to the Tories and they needed kicking out... but Labour? Trust me they are not the answer... far from it.

We need electoral reform in respect of proportional representation... everyones vote should count.
Basically so long as we, the electorate, vote in governments with massive majorities in parliament based on only around 20-25% of the total electorate actually going out and voting for them then we can expect to suffer from a sequence of elected dictatorships. That means that each government’s over riding priority will be to retain power. Hence we will be hit hard during the first year or two to build up a government war chest and then give-away budgets to make us think everything is hunky dory. There is really not much to choose between the Labour ad Conservative parties at the moment.

Justify the claim that public sector and NHS pay rises would be a big part of the £22bn.
Do I have to doff my cap and grovel at the same time as obeying your instructions? Anyway, putting your rudeness aside, a 5 second search yielded this:

1724851916984.png

That’s typical of your average family with what is hard earned money at the end of life and successive governments take it off them.
From a personal experience Six months home
care costs £67 thousand pounds people with no savings get it free.

The family home will be carved up and CGT IHT will take another big slice, if there was a way round it we would go down that route definitely
Luckily there both had good pensions and savings so was costing roughly 5.5 k a month for both now it’s about 3k a month but with the savings it shouldn’t cost so much

I think in the future people will just spend it and give it to children a lot earlier

I’m willing to give Labour more than 50 days
I get that but.... they've run Wales for the last 25 years and we have a total car crash of an economy, worst NHS Service, worst Ambulance Services bottom of the Education PISA league in the UK... but hey ho, don't moan when they've dragged the UK down to our level.

Correct, I did vote Reform because the choices were..... well Labour, Labour or wait a minute... Labour, and whay makes it worse the Labour candidate was Stephen Kinnock a privately educated London Boy with a Welsh father who pulled strings in high places to get him probably the safest seat in the UK... fucking stinks.

When you have such a decrepit first past the post voting system your vote does not count for birdshit... unless you vote for the winner.

Do I have to doff my cap and grovel at the same time as obeying your instructions? Anyway, putting your rudeness aside, a 5 second search yielded this:

View attachment 129821
Sorry, it was meant to sound like an exam question. And hands up, £9bn is more than I'd thought (partly as I'd assumed half of the cost would come back to the treasury in tax and NI so the net cost is less). And the big part of that is just settling what pay review bodies had recommended that the previous government hadn't budgeted for.

Last edited:
Sounds like most of the 53 years of my life so far to be perfectly honest with you?

Cuts and higher taxes have never fixed it before so why now?

What utopia can you remember?
No NHS waiting lists.

Sure Start.

Councils with money for parks, libraries, road repairs, subsidies to rural bus routes, to the arts. But apart from the aqueducts and the sewers, what did municipal government ever do for us?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.