The Labour Government

Sounds like most of the 53 years of my life so far to be perfectly honest with you?

Cuts and higher taxes have never fixed it before so why now?

What utopia can you remember?

What I have gleened from the administration so far is that whatever they do the red Tories will agree with, and by whatever I mean anything.

In 5 years time they will be blaming the Tories whilst doing what the Tories have done, bedroom tax FUCK OFF, they wont even abolish that, and don't mention the 2 child limit.

Reminds me very much of the "I will end homelessness" boast from Burnham, and all the while the streets are getting more clogged up with the homeless and the unfortunates of our society.

If they have combined wealth of 650k and most of it in their house then they would pay no inheritance tax. Let's wait and see what Labour do but I would guess the level it kicks in might stay the same and the change would be cutting some loopholes and increasing the rate for those that have to pay.

My parents assets are above the threshold already so I'm pretty sure I will lose out. I blame the tories.
We manage the money for her so luckily her investments have grown but changing them

Maybe worth talking to your parents about getting rid of some before October

I find that VERY dubious indeed. Not to mention the fact that - if my understanding is correct - a big part of the 22bn, was public sector and NHS pay rises - which the Tory government were not going to pay. So it's only a black hole because Labour have decided to pay it.
Justify the claim that public sector and NHS pay rises would be a big part of the £22bn.

My partners grandma wealth is roughly 650 k , but grandparents worked hard and progress as teachers , she is 95 now he was 98 when he passed last year , there was so careful with money both ended up in care , while people next to them got it free

My dad worked 2 jobs 7 days a week , parents paid mortage off quicker then invested so have done ok , but even now in there 70’s buy cheap food , house is like something from the 80’s

Both of them want to pass money onto children and grand children , why should labour come and try and change that
That’s typical of your average family with what is hard earned money at the end of life and successive governments take it off them.
From a personal experience Six months home
care costs £67 thousand pounds people with no savings get it free.

The family home will be carved up and CGT IHT will take another big slice, if there was a way round it we would go down that route definitely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.