The Labour Government

I think you are falling into the common trap of assuming that because someone was educated at Oxbridge that they are intelligent, which is a common misconception among those that don’t interact with them as regularly as I do.
Education doesn’t equal intelligence and common sense. Possibly just a good memory for learning. A good memory is vital to be a good liar like most of the former Tory cabinet

Education doesn’t equal intelligence and common sense. Possibly just a good memory for learning. A good memory is vital to be a good liar like most of the former Tory cabinet

JRM will have had about £500k spent on his education and he got a 2-1. Both my kids state educated got a First - they were brought up not having a sense of entitlement rammed into their heads

I think you are falling into the common trap of assuming that because someone was educated at Oxbridge that they are intelligent, which is a common misconception among those that don’t interact with them as regularly as I do.

Rayner has lived real life which the majority of the 65 million people with the U.K. do everyday working and paying bills to keep a roof over her family’s head. She will have a better understanding of that than the Oxford and Cambridge educated career politicians who don’t have to worry about money due to their parent’s hedge fund and couldn’t tell you the price of a pint of milk.

I’m not saying there are very intelligent people who go to Oxbridge. It would be absurd to suggest otherwise, but like you say an ability to excel in exams of itself doesn’t begin to tick enough boxes to warrant being considered intelligent.

Anyone who observes Truss respond to questions and interact with people who thinks she’s intelligent simply isn’t capable of objectively evaluating intellect.

I've no idea how immigration became a factor in the post about a Labour council's housebuilding record, but the population of Leeds has been going up by about 6,000 a year and they and private developers have been building about 3,000 houses a year.

The Tories have failed to build enough new houses. MPs representing NIMBYism forced them to drop targets.

I really hope you're not going to be spreading cynicism before the new government has done anything toward fulfilling its housing policies.

Population or households going up by 6000 a year? If population then two people living together = 3,000 homes required.

The bigger problem IMHO is private landlords buying the spare capacity. Building more houses isn’t going to stop that happening. I’d start by taxing this part of the sector more to make it less attractive - particularly those with say more than 3 houses.

That’s not to say that we don’t need more houses - we do.

I’m not saying there are very intelligent people who go to Oxbridge. It would be absurd to suggest otherwise, but like you say an ability to excel in exams of itself doesn’t begin to tick enough boxes to warrant being considered intelligent.

Anyone who observes Truss respond to questions and interact with people who thinks she’s intelligent simply isn’t capable of objectively evaluating intellect.

I’m not sure how much course work still goes towards your exam results in school these days but IIRC the tories pushed back on it - I’d like to see us go back towards that as a better measure of ability.

You think a women educated to NVQ level 2 In Social care has the skills to be deputy pm? Has she ever ran a business? It’s truly frightening the power she has for her abilities and intellect.

She can’t speak. What will people on a world stage think of her?

I’d not dismiss her ability based on education level. Starmer will take great pleasure in booting another leftie to the long grass if she fucks up so she’ll have to be on her mettle.

Unless he’ll be keeping her around to explain how to avoid tax if he sells his new council house ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.