The Labour Government

I find it incomprehensible that a person having and proudly keeping their own accent is the reason you seem to feel she is not fit to represent us on the ‘world stage’.

The spat started because he laughed at her dress, the same people who pissed themselves over Sunaks wife dress( And there were many) called him a misogynist for laughing at her dress.

You can't be misogynistic to women on the right of politics so it seems, plus laughing at a dress is misogynistic now :)

The spat started because he laughed at her dress, the same people who pissed themselves over Sunaks wife dress( And there were many) called him a misogynist for laughing at her dress.

You can't be misogynistic to women on the right of politics so it seems, plus laughing at a dress is misogynistic now :)

Sunak’s now living in their heads rent free.

I’m not saying there are very intelligent people who go to Oxbridge. It would be absurd to suggest otherwise, but like you say an ability to excel in exams of itself doesn’t begin to tick enough boxes to warrant being considered intelligent.

Anyone who observes Truss respond to questions and interact with people who thinks she’s intelligent simply isn’t capable of objectively evaluating intellect.

Almost nobody can even agree on what intellect means or looks like, so the point is moot. Ultimately, if you're a politician who achieved high office and are a well known public figure then there's SOME skillset there.

Moreover, you're smart enough to know what's going on with politicians. There are 50 different groups all pulling in different directions on every single issue. Ranging from industry to lobbyists to local groups to political infighting to constituency issues to backers to everybody else. You say the wrong thing and you can blow up your carefully managed position which is why politicians worldwide (generally) try to say nothing at all while sounding like they've said something. Because politics is won and lost in committees and amendments and all that stuff that 99% of people barely seem to understand happens let alone pays attention to. Speaking to the media can only really damage you outside of the odd Goldilocks moment. So I'm not sure it's really a fair way to judge whatever intellect is.

Look at Diane Abbott. She's one of the most accomplished politicians of the 21st century, and now Mother of the House and millions of people think she's a halfwit. She went Oxbridge too.

He posted a shit meme suggesting she was a clown based on fuck knows what and I called it misogynistic and snobbish because he has made countless comments about her appearance and accent and has nothing to say about anyone else.
I didn’t comment on Sunak’s wife’s dress so no need to make stuff up.

I must be the only person in the country who quite liked that dress. It was bold and it was different. She stood up for her man and much as I dislike his party (& wasn’t enamoured of him) I admired her for her ‘defiance’ as I admired him for his gracious loser speech.
Not as much as I admired and applauded Keir Starmer’s victory one but that’s me. :-)

I guess in WW’s mind, if I hadn’t revealed my political persuasion this week, the fact that my grandfather used to stand me on a table when I was about 4 yrs old facing a mirror and repeating phrases like ‘how now brown cow’ etc., to counter what could have been a very mixed accent, would make me acceptable in their (WW) eyes/ears! :-)
Although I do sometimes use Northern phrases I don’t have a broad Northern accent just a ‘neutral’ one. *lol*

I must be the only person in the country who quite liked that dress. It was bold and it was different. She stood up for her man and much as I dislike his party (& wasn’t enamoured of him) I admired her for her ‘defiance’ as I admired him for his gracious loser speech.
Not as much as I admired and applauded Keir Starmer’s victory one but that’s me. :-)

I guess in WW’s mind, if I hadn’t revealed my political persuasion this week, the fact that my grandfather used to stand me on a table when I was about 4 yrs old facing a mirror and repeating phrases like ‘how now brown cow’ etc., to counter what could have been a very mixed accent, would make me acceptable in their (WW) eyes/ears! :-)
Although I do sometimes use Northern phrases I don’t have a broad Northern accent just a ‘neutral’ one. *lol*

You're a lady Eccles, everyone knows that. You could be speaking Klingon and you'd still be a lady :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.