The Labour Government

*lol* I'm not daft, I see what you did there Pinocchio!! :-) I will say thank you though because you are always kind to me. :-)

I wouldn't say I need the WFA but it does mean that I can leave the heating on most of the day when I am in the house. It's just the little extra security. :-)

It's my friends who aren't able to manage, who didn't have a works pension just their SP and won't apply for the benefits I feel for.
I know, I looked after my grandma until she was 96. It’s not easy. We were “fortunate” in that she needed more care than we could provide 3 weeks before the prices went crazy.

We should be looking to lower energy prices so that no one needs the WFA.

I suspect the objections are coming from the same people who had no problem with Dominic Cummings running the country from number 10 while Johnson wrote his book in between bunga bunga parties.

Cummings was/is a **** there's no doubt about that and I don't see anyone defending him any day soon.

They also took us out of Europe which many believe hurt the economy (and social cohesion) more than all of those things. As someone not tied to any party, I will never forgive them for that, ever.
In a sense it is easy to blame the Tories for this. And sure, had the Tories not called a referendum, we'd have never had one and we'd still been in the EU. But they did, and the country DID vote to leave.

So do you think it a defensible position for a government to deny a referendum for fear the public might vote the wrong way? Seems a bit dubious me that does.

And regards your 2nd paragraph about crashing the economy, yes, I missed that bit as well. I seem to remember something about a new virus sweeping the globe and a war somewhere. I am not sure Liz Truss can be blamed for that, especially when the BoE is now accepting blame for fucking up the bond market, not Truss.

"What are you in for?"

"Posting a meme on Facebook, you?"

" Smoking in a beer garden."

Attachments

• 20240829_142120.jpg
    20240829_142120.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 7
I know .... how about we join one of the largest trading blocs in the world.... its on our doorstop and once you're a member you can do away with any paperwork , trade restrictions and tariffs . Not only that ... they will actually contribute to the development of your country's infrastructure (I kid you not) , share energy with you , and provide workers to do the jobs your population are unable to do or dont want to.

I know it sounds crazy ... but its not a bad idea .... right?
We’re about to join a bigger one lets hope we don’t lose money in our dealings with this one.

Agree with that. Also telling bare-faced lies about not being aware of the situation is not a great look, is it.

And of course, as for "blaming the Tories" well yes they were in power when we had COVID and the war in Ukraine and worldwide inflation hikes and everything else. So it is on their watch. Whether the country would have been in an even worse state had Labour been in for the past 14 years, we will never know, will we. We can take a guess in 5 years time.

I don't want to get in to a debate about the economy but I think we would all agree it was crappy before the pandemic. Not only that, public services are in a perilous state out of part-spite, part-ideology.

I know .... how about we join one of the largest trading blocs in the world.... its on our doorstop and once you're a member you can do away with any paperwork , trade restrictions and tariffs . Not only that ... they will actually contribute to the development of your country's infrastructure (I kid you not) , share energy with you , and provide workers to do the jobs your population are unable to do or dont want to.

I know it sounds crazy ... but its not a bad idea .... right?

Just even a slither of hope that we will have some positive trade relationship would be a start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.