The Labour Government

Are you ready to accept he didn’t fly first class having seen the figures?
Got to laugh at this. What a stooge!

You're claiming that he couldn't have flown to Washington on first class tickets because the flights would have cost more than the £6k he claimed in expenses, to use one example. Are you aware of the concept of inflation, and how the prices of air fares and indeed other goods and services have changed since he took those flights ten, fifteen years ago?

If you adjust the prices in his expenses to the latest equivalent values, using the air fare series in the CPI, then his £6k flight to Washington in November 2012 is equivalent to over £12K today. His November 2009 flight at just under £5k would cost just under £11K in today's money, adjusted for how air fares have changed since. For reference, if I wanted to book the most expensive first class, flexible ticket to Washington right now on BA, leaving tomorrow, it would cost just over £8k.

He obviously flew first class, so why lie to try to defend him? It's frankly embarrassing.

Last edited:
looks like most of his travel was by train. See nothing untowards with Rail/Taxi/Flights/ Hotels etc.
Sure but over 60% of the claims were for a chauffeur driven car to ferry him around London.
What's the breakdown for his car?
A standard 22/23 K a quarter , nearly 8K a month. Neither of his successors claimed for such a perk. Maybe someone put a stop to it because Keith abused the privilege so much?

Seems to be for you. I’ve already said I wouldn’t have stopped the WFA until energy prices meant we didn’t have to subsidise peoples’ heating.

I’m happy that the asylum crisis is being resolved having been created deliberately by the previous government.

I’m happy that the rhetoric is cooling down.

The country isn’t going to be rectified in a few years, but the trend can begin.

There was no Hope under the previous government. We were in a race to the bottom.

Now we’re going to have to stop that momentum and start rebuilding.

We don’t know how long Labour will be in for. That’ll depend what the Tories can salvage from the bin fire that is left at the moment.
Fair enough mate. I agree with you about a few things - not many to be honest. But you're entitled to your views of course, and we are all mates here at the end of the day.

PS, I do think that the Tory party needed a complete reboot. You may have noticed I said I was a supporter of conservative principles, not of the Tory party.

Fair enough mate. I agree with you about a few things - not many to be honest. But you're entitled to your views of course, and we are all mates here at the end of the day.
There’ll be mistakes made and bad decisions too along the way and as they happen, I’ll call them as I see them, like always.

Seeing things differently is a part of life and absolutely fine for most things and if you need to vent and it helps, carry on. It just seems a little OTT when not much has happened yet. (To me anyway)

You're claiming that he couldn't have flown to Washington on first class tickets because the flights would have cost more than the £6k he claimed in expenses, to use one example. Are you aware of the concept of inflation, and how the prices of air fares and indeed other goods and services have changed since he took those flights ten, fifteen years ago?

If you adjust the prices in his expenses to the latest equivalent values, using the air fare series in the CPI, then his £6k flight to Washington in November 2012 is equivalent to over £12K today. His November 2009 flight at just under £5k would cost just under £11K in today's money, adjusted for how air fares have changed since. For reference, if I wanted to book the most expensive first class, flexible ticket to Washington right now on BA, leaving tomorrow, it would cost just over £8k.

He obviously flew first class, so why lie to try to defend him? It's frankly embarrassing.
I used to fly business class in the 1980s and 1990s to the US. The fare was usually around £3,000.
Try looking up fares on Skyscanner. They vary a great deal depending on demand. £6,000 to Washington is much more likely to be business class on a high demand day than first on a low demand one.
If you ever travelled anywhere on business you’d know.

Just checked your quoted price. That’s for one way you pillock. A first class return is £16k, and a business class return is £12k.

Last edited:

Bravo!
That's him schooled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.