The Labour Government

I have only read the last couple of pages, I'm not sure how the topic has morphed into Shariah law.

Anyhow I briefly saw some figures from the census and the basics in terms of religion seemed to be the following from 2011 to 2021(can't remember the figures so some leeway please)

For the first time those saying they were Christian has dropped below 50%.. a reduction of about 13%. 30 odd % said no religion at all. The muslim number increased from 4 % go 6.5 % .

So it seems within 7 years we could well have more people as non religious than religious in fact I would say if we are talking actual belief then we are probably pretty much there already.

If these trends continue and add in further immigration due to climate change making Northern Europe more bearable then the race, if a few decades can be classed as a race(its pretty quick in relative terms changing a countries make up, seems to be between the non religious and how Islam will adapt to being more prevalent within these countries.

Will the ever growing people born into a Muslim faith but living amongst the ever growing non religious become less religious, more moderate or not change much af all.

If the west is becoming less religious does that mean other parts of the world will follow. Probably but I don't think it's gonna happen very quickly. Between now and whenever that happens it's hard to say what will happen.

It's gonna change though.
Our laws are non-religious though. They’re not likely to become religious given we’re getting less religious.

It’s not an existential threat to our society. It’s a dog whistle that some people have fallen for.

There are countries with far higher levels of immigration and none have introduced Sharia Law into their legal system.

I have only read the last couple of pages, I'm not sure how the topic has morphed into Shariah law.

Anyhow I briefly saw some figures from the census and the basics in terms of religion seemed to be the following from 2011 to 2021(can't remember the figures so some leeway please)

For the first time those saying they were Christian has dropped below 50%.. a reduction of about 13%. 30 odd % said no religion at all. The muslim number increased from 4 % go 6.5 % .

So it seems within 7 years we could well have more people as non religious than religious in fact I would say if we are talking actual belief then we are probably pretty much there already.

If these trends continue and add in further immigration due to climate change making Northern Europe more bearable then the race, if a few decades can be classed as a race(its pretty quick in relative terms changing a countries make up, seems to be between the non religious and how Islam will adapt to being more prevalent within these countries.

Will the ever growing people born into a Muslim faith but living amongst the ever growing non religious become less religious, more moderate or not change much af all.

If the west is becoming less religious does that mean other parts of the world will follow. Probably but I don't think it's gonna happen very quickly. Between now and whenever that happens it's hard to say what will happen.

It's gonna change though.
As people become more educated then they will naturally stop believing in Father Christmas and all the other made up bollocks to keep people inline and controlled.

As people become more educated then they will naturally stop believing in Father Christmas and all the other made up bollocks to keep people inline and controlled.
Didn’t Starmer and Co say that education is paramount and that critical thinking is essential to a balanced society?

Education is key.

There are countries with far higher levels of immigration and none have introduced Sharia Law into their legal system.
Do many of them have an Islamist party which has won a majority on the back of their population reached a point where the majority are Muslim?

The real concern is that if we carry on as we are, the majority of the UK will be Muslim within the next few decades. And then what?

I don't think we'll end up with Sharia law because before we get to the point above, I hope enough non-Muslims will wake up to the danger.

From the Guardian in 2022:

England and Wales are now minority Christian countries, according to the 2021 census, which also shows that Leicester and Birmingham have become the first UK cities to have “minority majorities”.

The census revealed a 5.5 million (17%) fall in the number of people who describe themselves as Christian and a 1.2 million (43%) rise in the number of people who say they follow Islam, bringing the Muslim population to 3.9 million. In percentage-point terms, the number of Christians has dropped by 13.1, and the number of Muslims has risen by 1.7.

It is the first time in a census of England and Wales that fewer than half of the population have described themselves as Christian.

Do many of them have an Islamist party which has won a majority on the back of their population reached a point where the majority are Muslim?

The real concern is that if we carry on as we are, the majority of the UK will be Muslim within the next few decades. And then what?

I don't think we'll end up with Sharia law because before we get to the point above, I hope enough non-Muslims will wake up to the danger.
No.

Muslims won’t be the majority if the U.K. any time soon.

We’ve seen that there will be civil war before they get anywhere close to Muslims being close to 50%.

Sharia law will never happen. It’s a total dog whistle.

Last edited:

From the Guardian in 2022:

England and Wales are now minority Christian countries, according to the 2021 census, which also shows that Leicester and Birmingham have become the first UK cities to have “minority majorities”.

The census revealed a 5.5 million (17%) fall in the number of people who describe themselves as Christian and a 1.2 million (43%) rise in the number of people who say they follow Islam, bringing the Muslim population to 3.9 million. In percentage-point terms, the number of Christians has dropped by 13.1, and the number of Muslims has risen by 1.7.

It is the first time in a census of England and Wales that fewer than half of the population have described themselves as Christian.
It’s a good sign because it means more and more people are saying they don’t believe in mumbo jumbo from an ancient text and therefore don’t have a religion. Nothing to do with Islam taking over. At the moment it’s more prevalent among people brought up as Christians to give it up but as time goes on the same will happen to other religions, as long as the education system doesn’t get infiltrated by religious nutters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.