The Labour Government

The staff are working their arses off , is he telling nurses and doctors that they should work harder ffs
No he is telling them to increase productivity which is quite different. Work smarter not harder. See my post on bed blocking. Darzi also talked about digitisation, a key to productivity. My local hospital where I am a ENT patient, keeps my treatment record in paper files. It’s C21, FFS!
Appointments are patient driven but I can’t even email them.
PS EDIT. The treatment is excellent once they respond to my voice mails.

Last edited:
The staff are working their arses off , is he telling nurses and doctors that they should work harder ffs

Poor productivity is rarely, if ever, the result of people not working hard enough, it's the result of them working in piss poor systems, it requires a lot of hard work to keep a shit show on the road.

Design more efficient systems and productivity rises.

Sounds like it.
He needs to watch all the docos on the nhs that i watch then he will see how hospitals are run and how the staff bleed blood . He can also understand why there are multiple reasons why operations are cancelled for example, how A&E works, the strain the ambulance services are under , infact i recommend every fucker who moans about the nhs to watch them , they are all over every channel , the work ethics of the staff is not the fucking problem and i take offence on their behalf and having been a nhs nurse of 20 yrs

No he is telling them to increase productivity which is quite different. Work smarter not harder. See my post on bed blocking. Darzi also talked about digitisation, a key to productivity. My local hospital where I am a ENT patient, keeps my treatment record in paper files. It’s C21, FFS!

The computer systems of the NHS has been talked about for years!

Poor productivity is rarely, if ever, the result of people not working hard enough, it's the result of them working in piss poor systems, it requires a lot of hard work to keep a shit show on the road.

Design more efficient systems and productivity rises.
And employ more competent managers, a sizeable proportion of NHS managers aren't fit for purpose, you are spot on about 'piss poor systems', it's embarrassing to see how backward the thinking is and how short-term the thinking is, 80% of the admin staff are great but 20% are piss-takers who are stealing a living and seem to be 'untouchable', it needs a truly massive shake-up.

Bed blocking has been a thing since i started my training in '79 , it is nothing new , the tories promised to sort out social care but didnt touch it , that is the key , that and seeing your dr and physio more easier , there is not one problem to solve

I am very lucky as i have a trust that works really well, i have had to use them a lot recently and a couple of times or so through the cancer two week pathway and everything worked perfectly and within the two week target every time , it can be done so why is the national picture so bad

Well, if you look at my posts on the subject, I think you'll find I've been careful not to say what I actually think of the decision to stop wfa. All I've sought to do is give a bit of perspective -

(a) that it will not be ruinous for most pensioners - average pensioner income is two-thirds the average wage and pensioners don't usually have big housing costs, travel to work costs or families to feed;
(b) that pensioner poverty should be dealt with (so not dealing with the just-above-pension-credit level cohort is a mistake);
(c) that compared to last winter, energy costs are down, some food prices are actually down, and pensions have gone up in the last two years by nearly ten times the basic wfa;
(d) that the Tories seem to be simultaneously disgusted with Labour's decision but disgustingly gleeful about it, and
(e) if 2 million pensioners survived Trussonomics and 11% inflation, decimated bus services and other Tory cuts, most will survive this. (Insensitive, but true.)

Oh, and the increase in the age at which the rest of you start to get your pension is necessary because it all costs money and I'm sure the 4% Tory NI cut will compensate you for that. (Now have I got the Tory "divide and rule" philosophy about right?)

I think I'll have a night off now.

And why have you not given your opinion on stopping it VicTory? You're not an abstaining MP as far as I'm aware, locals won't turn up with pitchforks. I can only think of

1) you think it's a bad decision but don't want to say as you're a Labour supporter - that's very sad.

2) you agree with the decision but don't want to be reminded of it in the future - also sad.

Its a football forum the earth won't open up if you give an opinion. I think you may overestimate the importance of this sub forum or like a politician don't like being seen to be wrong. Which is quite sad also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.