The Labour Government

Blair and Brown gave hope. I worked in town and within a couple of years the homeless people (not as many as now) slowly disappeared due to their policy. No government is going to be universally liked and not make errors but in my lifetime they were the pick of the bunch. Any British government will back the USA as we would have been speaking German without them. Unfortunately 9/11 happened and thus Iraq and Afghanistan. Too early to judge at present but time will be the reveal. Just my take and I am no prof.
Iraq happened because a pair of warmongers made up shit about WMD to justify their actions … They should both be behind bars but that’s another story…

Interesting comments from Andy Haldane tonight, arguing that Reeves’ spiel about the fiscal black hole was unhelpful and unnecessary, hitting confidence around the economy.

Quite damning and surprisingly critical as well given how left wing he is.

Interesting comments from Andy Haldane tonight, arguing that Reeves’ spiel about the fiscal black hole was unhelpful and unnecessary, hitting confidence around the economy.

Quite damning and surprisingly critical as well given how left wing he is.

It's good to be honest though, because sticking plasters, populist slogans and sheer hard faced "network connecting" robbery (ppe) never helped anyone.

And resistance to change is often why it is like it. Yours is not a unique experience. It’s all well and good saying work smarter but quite another to make them do so.
That’s why I believe the nhs should be decoupled from the DoH and held to account via an agreed business plan. It puts the onus to change on the nhs.

Iraq happened because a pair of warmongers made up shit about WMD to justify their actions … They should both be behind bars but that’s another story…
6 inquiries have blamed the intelligence agencies of the USA and the UK informing the respective governments of false intelligence. Life is more strange than fiction in my opinion. Not everyone in the CIA and MI whatever may be competent or well informed.

6 inquiries have blamed the intelligence agencies of the USA and the UK informing the respective governments of false intelligence. Life is more strange than fiction in my opinion. Not everyone in the CIA and MI whatever may be competent or well informed.
However Irag etc was a disaster I agree.

It's good to be honest though, because sticking plasters, populist slogans and sheer hard faced "network connecting" robbery (ppe) never helped anyone.
I would agree with you in principle, but unfortunately I can’t look past the facts that (a) the £22bn figure is a work of fiction, constructed for political purposes, (b) a large if not majority share of the identified overspend is due to Labour’s own decisions on public sector pay and (c) the likelihood of real terms cuts in non-protected departmental spending was well signalled by the OBR months ahead of the election.

I’m afraid that Labour have been thoroughly dishonest on this matter, even to the point of manufacturing speculation of a loss of confidence in the gilt market had the WFA (and other areas of spending) not been removed. Which, on any measure, is simply not true.

I would agree with you in principle, but unfortunately I can’t look past the facts that (a) the £22bn figure is a work of fiction, constructed for political purposes, (b) a large if not majority share of the identified overspend is due to Labour’s own decisions on public sector pay and (c) the likelihood of real terms cuts in non-protected departmental spending was well signalled by the OBR months ahead of the election.

I’m afraid that Labour have been thoroughly dishonest on this matter, even to the point of manufacturing speculation of a loss of confidence in the gilt market had the WFA (and other areas of spending) not been removed. Which, on any measure, is simply not true.

Plenty of politicians/parties are "dishonest" to some extent. Unfortunately.
I think the real crux of the matter is what they do in the long run to get where they want the country to be. If that place is rubbish then of course they should feel the full force of a backlash. If it's "better" at the end of that term then we should acknowledge it.

I'm a floating voter. I have no real "skin" in this, but I do feel we shouldn't measure 14 years of Tory government against 3 months of Labour

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.