The Labour Government

Standard hyperbole, but that aside alot more pensioners would be dead with junior doctors on strike - which they would still be under the Tories.
Yet there was a junior doctors representative on 5 Live this morning pretty much saying if we dont get another inflation busting pay rise there's likely to be strike action from April 2025. Now there may be a bit of posturing going on, but there is a clear message that acceptance of the most recent offer is just a small respite until after the winter.

Have a listen back it was on around 7:15am. I appreciate its too early to fully judge, but how the government handle this going forwards ensuring that any future increases are linked to contractual reforms around retention of staff during and post full qualification should be the crux of if its correct and successful or just bowing to union pressure.

Not having a go here, mate, but are you saying that we should all be like you?

For awareness, I have 28 years in service and a decent pension, but understand that many don’t get those advantages.

Let’s not punch down, should always be about lifting up.
Ok, I think you've interpreted my post incorrectly, so I'll tidy it up. I'll start with your last sentence first. I couldn't honestly recall the number of times I've had dialogue and discussion with people in support of the whole ethos of what you're referring to there. Always try and raise the bar.
Secondly I presume that was a rhetorical question you asked at the start. In case it wasn't, no, I don't expect anyone to be like me. I wasn't taking aim at those less advantaged than myself. My point was that there are too many people, at times, who begrudge others having what they themselves don't have. The reasons for this are obviously wide and varied. People have and make choices, sometimes correctly and sometimes wrong. A lot of the time you just have to put up with it, that's life. One further point, and this is part of what I was trying to say originally. There's too many people who see what others have, but have no idea of the sacrifices that have been made for them to be in that position. Futhermore, if they had their chance again they possibly wouldn't have took a different path, mainly because those sacrifices were too unpalatable. A bit long winded but hope that's clearer.

But they didn’t. Majority of the people getting this benefit removed voted for other parties, overwhelming for the Tories.

Labour can afford to piss these people off, because they aren't likely to vote for them anyway.

You think it’s ok to put 4000 lives at risk and make 2,000,000 pensioners struggle to heat their homes?

Because they may have voted for someone else?

You’re either a moron or a WUM.

You think it’s ok to put 4000 lives at risk and make 2,000,000 pensioners struggle to heat their homes?

Because they may have voted for someone else?

You’re either a moron or a WUM.
He can be both - certainly not mutually exclusive.

I would add that it’s a simplistic and somewhat childish viewpoint as well; believing that a decision as crass as removing the WFA - implemented without any proper analysis - won’t influence how those not directly impacted by the move are likely to perceive the government.

Last edited:

I would add that it’s a simplistic and somewhat childish viewpoint as well; believing that a decision as crass as removing the WFA - implemented without any proper analysis - won’t influence how those not directly impacted by the move are likely to perceive the government.

Fair. He’s come across as a right spiteful tit these past few weeks be it with smokers or pensioners.

The impact assessment is from Jeremy Corbyn's Labour in 2017.

It's probably inaccurate due to the passage of time and you wouldn't ordinarily trust that as a source.

Were you appalled at Mrs May saying she would change the policy in 2017?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.