The Labour Government

The bit he’s missing is a life.
He obsessively rants like a mentally ill person.
Who just happens to have different political views to you. What a coincidence that you should think that of me.

Jesus Christ I really do despair at just how shallow people on here are. They just cannot bear any contrary opinions.

Disappointing that BoE and Governement are keeping interest at 5%. There is a significant chance that inflation won't rise this autumn when new taxes brought in by the government start to bite. But Bailey didn't seem to factor that in?

The construction and housing sector are still in recessesion despite Baileys misleading nonsense about mortgage completions rising. It's all relative and they are still running at about half what they were pre covid and throughput the 90s.

What this means is that Labours ambitious new house building target is getting further and further away every day and rents will continue to rise as the population grows and demand oustrips supply.
Mortgage completions are rising because more existing properties are on the market.

1726752908910.png

Mortgage completions are rising because more existing properties are on the market.

View attachment 132278
That may be the case but it's not a reflection on new build housing, which is what we need to get people on the property ladder.

New house build starts are at their lowest ever apart from the 2008 recession and the 2020 covid recession.

The truth is we haven't been building enough housing for the past 30 years

Who just happens to have different political views to you. What a coincidence that you should think that of me.

Jesus Christ I really do despair at just how shallow people on here are. They just cannot bear any contrary opinions.
I think we live in a society now where anyone with a different opinion is seen as extreme. I have always thought of myself as average left wing politically but you have to accept if something is right or true then so be it. Now if your opposed to anything your considered far right/ edl / terrorist etc etc. People are offended by the slightest thing and every word or statement is scrutinised.

The bit you're missing is Capital Gains Tax is 25% (IIRC) irrespective of the sum involved. And does not count towards earnings.
To be fair. I did not know this when posting earlier this morning. I just heard about the £400k income, so that makes sense if a chunk of it was capital gain.

But, let me ask you this, in all seriousness. How would you feel if Starmer, having benefitted from a big chunk of income only taxed at 25%, in a few weeks time decides to increase capital gains tax so that anyone in future has to pay the marginal income tax rate on their capital gains, i.e. anyone on his income level would have to pay 45%, nearly twice as much tax as he paid.

Would you think that is fair enough? Or would you think slimy bastard, one rule for him and one rule for everyone else? I'd be interested in your perspective (God knows why).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.