The Labour Government

I've spent far too long on this very pointless forum, so have decided to take a break for a few weeks.

It really is a supreme waste of time. There's a few people in here whose opinions are measured and who I respect, but too few. And the ones I don't respect, I will never change your minds anyway, not that I even care what you think. So what's the point.

Enjoy yourselves :-)

Your input will be sadly missed

I assume you mean be fair to Labour? Truss had an advantage that most of the SPADs and backroom staff were already in place and she also(somehow) had extensive knowledge of government from being in several cabinets-That was not the case for Labour. I wonder how many on here have remortgaged since Truss a significantly higher rates that they were paying before, andhence still suffering the impact of her appalling mini-budget?

In fairness Starmer had an advantage over Truss by simple fact is he’s not a fucking lunatic.

Not had a good old “look at me” flounce from BM for a bit.
You’ll be sorely missed @Chippy_boy your rational, perfectly hinged posts on the political forum since Labour came to power have been a breath of fresh air and not the ramblings of a fucking idiot for weeks. Honest.

I assume you mean be fair to Labour? Truss had an advantage that most of the SPADs and backroom staff were already in place and she also(somehow) had extensive knowledge of government from being in several cabinets-That was not the case for Labour. I wonder how many on here have remortgaged since Truss a significantly higher rates that they were paying before, andhence still suffering the impact of her appalling mini-budget?
I did suggest some time ago that we never mention that woman again. It was a nightmare.

It’s truly laughable to claim the new Labour government have had the worst start to their tenure of any government in living memory when Johnson, May, Truss, and Sunak literally just occurred in succession (and that is just the last decade or so).

One of them nearly plunged us in to a depression within 30 days of becoming PM. Another fucked things so comprehensively from the off that we will be trying to fix their mistakes for a generation (or more). Another facilitated the acceleration of liquidation of public assets to private enterprise, which will have lasting detrimental effects that cannot even be fully predicted.

It shows a lack of connection with reality, either due to extreme ignorance or intellectual dishonesty.

Could and should have Starmer et al done better thus far? Absolutely.

Have they been anywhere near as dysfunctional, corrupt, and catastrophically incompetent as Johnson, May, Truss, or Sunak? Absolute not.
Given that Johnson got elected on the basis of having an oven-ready deal with the EU, one might think it's hard to beat a government that was breaking its false promises from day one.

Why do you keep rambling on about Train Drivers? They were on an average salary of £60k in 2022 and by next year they will be earning £69k. I used to transport small aircraft parts to Rolls Royce from a Manchester based company, The Hyde Group, their skilled engineers who had trained for several years were on no more than around £35k pa, compare and contrast. Train Drivers on nearly £70k, fair fucks to them but do they really deserve that level of remuneration.

Edit, BTW, earning £69k gives a train driver a net £49k which is four times more than a Pensioner gets if they can't claim credits and therefore miss out on the WFP, is that fair in your book? Try living in £14k in this day and age, Starmer is an absolute twat for taking this away.

£69k is obviously the market rate for a train driver, especially with private train companies competing with each other.

Isn't it the Tebitt way? Engineers should get on their bike to TransPennine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.