The Labour Party

On Peston last night criticising HM Gov for misuse of public funds.
Hypocritical of course but it doesn't change the fact that this government are corrupt as fuck.

Acting in good faith is no excuse, acting in bad faith is immoral and stinks.

No, its not common at all. Don't be so melodramatic. Rayner knows the archaic rules of the HoC and she was rightly called out by Madam Speaker for misuse of language. To take one individual comment and apply it to a collective body is not only nonsensical it is idiotic, to make statements that the left are all about Identity politics shows a total lack of understanding of left wing politics. You have every right of course to think that left wing ideology is the ideology of fruitcakes because that is democracy in action, but to conflate one word and then associate it with a wide range of opinion takes the word out of the context it was spoken. The right are very clever at this, see I can do it too, I can make huge generalisations based on one action. The fact is the party of Government voted to starve poor children, in my book that does indeed make them scum, but as I am not an elected representative I am not governed by the archaic rules of the HoC I have the freedom to make that comment without censure. Which all the those RW lovers of free speech will no doubt agree is my right to do so.
To be fair to you Rascal, you’re one of the few on here to debate with a modicum of balance and I don’t think you’ve ever personally insulted me or others for expressing a totally different world view on most things. Others take note.

Personally I'm unsatisifed that Rayner didn't cross the floor, nut the Tory and call him a ****.

Everybody is "offended for pay" now by everything. May as well get a proper shot in if you're going to do it.

To be fair to you Rascal, you’re one of the few on here to debate with a modicum of balance and I don’t think you’ve ever personally insulted me or others for expressing a totally different world view on most things. Others take note.
I am pretty sure I have insulted plenty of posters over the years, mostly in jest, occasionally not, I do insult the Tories but as I have grown older I have mellowed. I am still as passionate about my political stance as ever, but over the last few years the whole of the UK has been swallowed up in a culture of toxicity. Politics should be in my opinion about passion and belief, not lies, hearsay and accusation. I have seen a decent man get hounded and an immoral man get lauded. My hope is we are seeing the death throes of capitalism being accelerated by Covid and the ruling class in their desperation are now throwing everything they can at the population from the incessant culture war agenda, to the failed economic narrative of austerity. The capitalist citadel is under siege and the owners of capital will use every tool they have to keep hold of their power, wealth and influence. I have no need to add to the toxicity of the debate, its already there and the clowns are doing it to themselves and they cant see it.

I really do think we are in for a few years of real democratic upheaval because people are scared, they are sick of being lied too, they hold the ruling class in contempt and are coming to realise Johnson is not the saviour, he is the man with the horns and his disciples pray to Baphomet. Whatever way you look at it and whatever your opinion on it, the school dinners for kids issue could be the tipping point, ally that to a possible break up of the Union, Brexit going seriously wrong, the Far Right on the march, the uncertainty and confusion of lockdowns and scandalous amount of money thrown at outsourcing companies for test and trace and you have the possible melting pot of anarchy and revolution. I know that is hyperbolic, but the way politics has gone the last few years who would bet against it.

I am pretty sure I have insulted plenty of posters over the years, mostly in jest, occasionally not, I do insult the Tories but as I have grown older I have mellowed. I am still as passionate about my political stance as ever, but over the last few years the whole of the UK has been swallowed up in a culture of toxicity. Politics should be in my opinion about passion and belief, not lies, hearsay and accusation. I have seen a decent man get hounded and an immoral man get lauded. My hope is we are seeing the death throes of capitalism being accelerated by Covid and the ruling class in their desperation are now throwing everything they can at the population from the incessant culture war agenda, to the failed economic narrative of austerity. The capitalist citadel is under siege and the owners of capital will use every tool they have to keep hold of their power, wealth and influence. I have no need to add to the toxicity of the debate, its already there and the clowns are doing it to themselves and they cant see it.

I really do think we are in for a few years of real democratic upheaval because people are scared, they are sick of being lied too, they hold the ruling class in contempt and are coming to realise Johnson is not the saviour, he is the man with the horns and his disciples pray to Baphomet. Whatever way you look at it and whatever your opinion on it, the school dinners for kids issue could be the tipping point, ally that to a possible break up of the Union, Brexit going seriously wrong, the Far Right on the march, the uncertainty and confusion of lockdowns and scandalous amount of money thrown at outsourcing companies for test and trace and you have the possible melting pot of anarchy and revolution. I know that is hyperbolic, but the way politics has gone the last few years who would bet against it.

the problem being, from the cesspool of sentiments, tends to arise a "man of the people" who does unspeakable damage beyond what we could even consider from Boris. I look at the behaviour and rhetoric during the pandemic from the ordinary population and I don't see a compassionate, progressive revolution in my lifetime, let alone yours.

the problem being, from the cesspool of sentiments, tends to arise a "man of the people" who does unspeakable damage beyond what we could even consider from Boris. I look at the behaviour and rhetoric during the pandemic from the ordinary population and I don't see a compassionate, progressive revolution in my lifetime, let alone yours.
It could possibly be a person of regression, a person who taps into the mythical past, a person who hates, a person who divides and a person who dictates. That is as possible as anything, all you have to do is tick off Umberto Eco's characteristics and you can see we are not that far away already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.