The Labour Party

What a strange thing to drag out.

At most a £3500 potential underpayment due to a misunderstanding over capital gains tax.
Even if she was supposed to pay it, she received expert advice to the contrary, meaning that it is justifiable and the adviser is liable.

Fuck all in the big scheme of things and like many have worked out, only being used to take the heat off the Tories disgraceful time in office, all aided and abetted by the likes of the Sun and the Mail.

Not even an MP when these alleged crimes were committed. In the grand scheme of things minute. Yet Michelle Mone still walks free. Total deflection by the Tories. Haven’t the police got more serious matters to attend to?
The "crime" would be that she's put the wrong address down what she's applied to be an MP, so it does have some connection.

I'm not an expert on the rules, but given so many MPs are parachuted into constituencies and regularly won't be living full time at the place they have to call home, I'd be amazed if it comes to anything. Still, one ambiguous issue, worth as much as Boris's monthly champagne bill, allows the Tories to pretend that spending £30k+ of taxpayers money on legal fees, nicking tens of millions via a VIP lane scam, or making tens of thousands renting out your home while claiming expenses on another, is all just the same.

Even if she was supposed to pay it, she received expert advice to the contrary, meaning that it is justifiable and the adviser is liable.

Fuck all in the big scheme of things and like many have worked out, only being used to take the heat off the Tories disgraceful time in office, all aided and abetted by the likes of the Sun and the Mail.
I'm an IFAa bud and work alongside our in-house chartered accountant when it comes to tax planning and mitigation for our clients. If she's had tax advice and it's wrong then the advisor is as you say to blame. However, CGT rules on property is relatively simple in my opinion and I wonder whether she had indeed taken the appropriate advice and then ignored it. In comparison to what the likes of Boris gets up to its small beer but Rayner if found to have abused the tax system does look like a moral hypocrite in most humble of opinion.

Would love Starmer to come out and say” should we be fortunate enough to win the GE, we will leave no stone unturned in investigating Tory member’s fraudulent tax and other misdemeanours, ensuring plod bring to justice any findings”

If proven I will call it out.

At the moment it comes across as a political attack.

Ange being found guilty would benefit Sir Keir as well as his relationship with her is a bit fractious. He'd happily fuck her off for a mate taking over as deputy.

I genuinely couldn’t give two hoots about Rayner’s two houses from 10 years ago. It doesn’t change her ability to be a good MP and represent all her constituents effectively.

It’s her fundamental views that matter, so long as they are entirely political then all good, even if I don’t agree with them (shock horror I actually accept that other views exist and maybe better for more people). That goes for every one of them seeking, or in, public office not just Rayner.

If she’s done wrong though, however innocent, fuck all chance Sir Keir will defend her and she will be gone.

I'm an IFAa bud and work alongside our in-house chartered accountant when it comes to tax planning and mitigation for our clients. If she's had tax advice and it's wrong then the advisor is as you say to blame. However, CGT rules on property is relatively simple in my opinion and I wonder whether she had indeed taken the appropriate advice and then ignored it. In comparison to what the likes of Boris gets up to its small beer but Rayner if found to have abused the tax system does look like a moral hypocrite in most humble of opinion.
I’m happy to see what happens as hard to have a real opinion without any evidence to support it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.