The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be pretty fucking revolutionary stuff if Leicester somehow go to become a major club in England, like how Chelsea and City have, BUT without a takeover of course.

You should take a look at Leicester's owners. Paupers they are not.

It'd be pretty fucking revolutionary stuff if Leicester somehow go to become a major club in England, like how Chelsea and City have, BUT without a takeover of course. If Leicester can win the league/get top 4, they can attract top players to the Premier League for the next season funded by top 4 prize money etc, stabilising their team, whilst also keeping Ranieri, they could be a force to reckon with.

Don't forget Leicester out spent their Championship rivals to get promoted in the first place.

Like the way Leicester play when watching MOTD highlights, but when i've decided to watch
their whole game on an afternoon, i haven't been as impressed.
Saying that it's good to see another interloper into the top 4. Remember that was us once.

He did, which is why I consciously put 1978-80 in my post. I know that means I'm stretching credibility a little by including him in 'that' group of Forest players, but I was merely trying to advance my argument a little ;-)
Of course you were GDM. Of course you were. ;-)

Been looking in to that Forest title winning team and found this showing league appearances for 77-78... http://www.worldfootball.net/team_performance/nottingham-forest/eng-premier-league-1977-1978/

2l9td79.png

What stands out for me is the number of substitutions (only 10 all season in 42 games) and yellow/red cards at zero?!

I know Cloughie emphasised fair play but is that right? No bookings or sendings-off all season?
That and the 2 ex-City greats, Ian Bowyer and Colin Barrett.

Also only 15 outfield players used. Tiredness? Pah!

Don't forget that they also won the League Cup that year too.

Stunning even now.

If Leicester even get close to that, these days, then it's a phenomenal achievement. It'll be interesting to see how they approach the FA Cup...

Last edited:
As well as Leicester are doing they have no chance of the title.
They still have to play city, United, Chelsea, arsenal, everton, Liverpool, spurs, palace, Watford away from home.

A few injuries or loss if form and they will drop away
Don't underestimate how hard it is to win at these away grounds.

It will be interesting to see what they do in January because they will no doubt like to add a few more top quality additions to help them go as far as they can, but they won't want to disrupt the harmony in the dressing room and/or not having the correct additions buying into the workrate of the team.

A lot will have to go their way for them to win the league. Both Vardy and Mahrez have to remain as good as they have been, the overall team fitness and intensity has to remain higher than everybody else in the league, and the likes of us, Arsenal, United etc.... have to be as inconsistent as we have been.

Another thing is that it won't be their defence that gets them the title/ top 4 as they are in the bottom half o the table for goals conceded.

This is very similar to Liverpool a few years ago where momentum was taking them very far, defensively shaky but with the team all out battling for each other to win games with two top class players doing the business up top in Vardy and Mahrez. For Liverpool it was Suarez and Sturridge.

Thing is that as the table starts to sort itself out teams won't play open against them and stay vulnerable to the counter attack. Vardys run of chance conversion has allowed them to play on the counter but if he goes on a dry spell I just don't see them breaking teams down who will take a point. Teams get more pragmatic as the season goes on and making sure Mahrez and Vardy get few opportunities on the break will become a priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.